“Warning: Construction site next door”
Review of Hotel Deco XV

Hotel Deco XV
Ranked #18 of 83 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stayed here a couple weeks ago - mid June. Awoken by what sounded like someone banging a sledgehammer against a dumpster. Called the front desk to complain and was basically told: “They’re doing construction on the building next door. Sorry, we can’t do anything about the noise.” Wrong answer. What they could have (and should have) done is posted a notice on the hotel’s website regarding the ongoing construction issue. Or, at a minimum, they could’ve advised their guests in the reservation/confirmation email that there was a potential noise issue with the building next door. But of course they didn’t do that because that might cost them some bookings. What a despicable business practice to not forewarn possible guests of this situation.

So, after about 3-4 hours of this, the front desk finally moved us to another (much smaller) room at the other end of the building, though still not quiet by any stretch. However, by the time we moved the damage had been done. It was now late morning and I had places I wanted to go so it wasn’t like I could just go back to sleep…unless of course I wanted to waste my only afternoon in Omaha. So much for a good night’s rest.

I should also add: After speaking with the front desk, I looked out my window and saw that the workers were literally dumping trash from the 5th or 6th floor of the building to a ground level dumpster. Absolutely incredible – and incredibly loud. (See the attached picture.) The building looks far from complete so I can only imagine that the noise will be continuing for months. I should also mention that this occurred on a Saturday. Yes, that’s right - a Saturday….and it started around 7:30am no less. And for what it’s worth, I live in a big city. I’m used to street noise (trains, busses, drag racing motorcycles, garbage trucks, screaming drunks, ambulances , etc.) This was waaaay worse than any of those. Impossible to sleep through.

Don’t let the hotel play you for the fool with any BS response they may have to this review.
Consider yourself warned.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank avgguy1

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Overall, great quality. Front Desk service is friendly and prompt. I asked for a quiet room, and the clerk gave me a top-floor room in the corner, which was great. Rooms are great quality, as are bathroom showers. Rooms are pretty pricey for Omaha (my AAA card got the room down from over $200 to $179), but I guess this is the primo spot if you want to be in downtown/Marketplace area.
The restaurant is pretty dark, and I've never seen that many people in there -- probably because the Marketplace with all its restaurants are just a couple of blocks away -- but it's good for when you don;t feel like walking, and the service staff are great.
Only complaint: maybe staff the Front Desk with more than one person when you're expecting lots of check-ins or check-outs. Because valet parking is the primary option, it's not easy to get your car brought around when no one is at the Valet stand, Front Desk is on the phone, and there's a line of people waiting to get their needs met. I did come at College Baseball World Series time, and staff did the best they could to get everyone taken care of, but just a suggestion that 2 people at the desk for rush times is a better bet.

Room Tip: The higher floor, the less the street noise
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank vricha
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Went to Omaha Nebraska on a "bucket list" trip (Nebraska is my 48th visited state) and stayed at the Hotel Deco. Was originally trying to get the Hilton but they were full (because of the World College Series next door). So glad I stayed at the Deco!

This hotel was situated very close to The Marketplace area, which meant easy access to stores, restaurants, and other activities (like visiting the Durham museum, The Jocelyn museum, and walking across the suspension bridge over the Missouri river). The hotel also had a free car service that took me to the zoo, and took me back to the airport.

The staff could not have been more wonderful. All the front desk staff were terrific, but a special thank you to Victoria, with her warm smile and helpful advice. Also a big thank you to Terry, who shuttled me around. Just nice, nice people.

The room was big, comfortable, and relaxing. The housekeeping staff are superb. Despite it being near 90 each day I was there, the room was always kept cool by a great air-conditioning system. The bathroom had a spacious shower, and the amenities were top-notch.

I really, really enjoyed my stay!

Room Tip: The front desk staff is very helpful; the free car service is just a request away
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank mockx3
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a business trip. The rooms were large and beautifully decorated, not to mention very spacious and clean. The shower was great - it felt like you were standing under a waterfall!

We were greeted with a friendly front desk team, who processed our rooms very quickly. They also went into detail on what the hotel had to offer in terms of the restaurant and bar. In addition, they offered to transport us to where we needed to go in a 3 mile radius. Their team was very accomodating, as they transported our large group to different locations downtown, and patiently waiting for us when we were delayed. I highly recommend this hotel. The rooms were very unique and the staff were so accomodating.

Overall, the experience at this hotel was wonderful. It made for a great first trip to Omaha.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank April Y
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

I love love this hotel. The staff is so nice and very professional. The rooms made me feel like im a movie star coz of its very beautiful design. I felt so special and relaxed after. I didnt wanna leave. And also my fav the shower. There are like 5 showers on the wall. It was superb. I felt like a million bucks.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My first stay but won't be my last. This is a beautiful hotel and appointed wonderfully. To be fair I love Art Deco décor and this hotel gives you a terrific plunge into the style. We were greeted by a friendly desk manager and while checking in the manager of marketing said hello and offered us a drink and asked if there was anything we needed assistance with. Our room was beautiful the bathroom unreal with a shower like no other. Great towels, shampoos and soaps, plush bath robes and slippers. We went to the lounge for cocktail hour and the lounge continued the experience into Deco. Drinks and horderves half price, very good, and you could make a meal from them. This hotel had the most reasonable 24 hour room service I have seen in a long time had a great breakfast that came to the room in less than 15 min.
Later I called down to make arrangements for a cab. I was asked where I was going and told them to a concert at one of the casinos in Iowa. I was told they would be glad to take me in their "shuttle" at no cost. The shuttle was a beautiful late model Mercedes car and a great driver that also came to pick us up after the concert. Can't say enough about Deco XV other than you should experience class.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I'm an airline crew member and obviously travel a lot. I had a 4:30 am wake up call to start the day. However, I had a corner room a few floors up and across the street from a bar or adult establishment, not sure which. Around midnight I was awoke by patrons of this establishment in the parking lot who were quite loud. This went on until I think 1 or 2 am. Other than this, the noise, a nice hotel, within walking distance to Old Town (entertainment area).

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business