“Upscale spot near the Marketplace area”
Review of Hotel Deco XV

Hotel Deco XV
Ranked #17 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
San Francisco, California
“Upscale spot near the Marketplace area”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Overall, great quality. Front Desk service is friendly and prompt. I asked for a quiet room, and the clerk gave me a top-floor room in the corner, which was great. Rooms are great quality, as are bathroom showers. Rooms are pretty pricey for Omaha (my AAA card got the room down from over $200 to $179), but I guess this is the primo spot if you want to be in downtown/Marketplace area.
The restaurant is pretty dark, and I've never seen that many people in there -- probably because the Marketplace with all its restaurants are just a couple of blocks away -- but it's good for when you don;t feel like walking, and the service staff are great.
Only complaint: maybe staff the Front Desk with more than one person when you're expecting lots of check-ins or check-outs. Because valet parking is the primary option, it's not easy to get your car brought around when no one is at the Valet stand, Front Desk is on the phone, and there's a line of people waiting to get their needs met. I did come at College Baseball World Series time, and staff did the best they could to get everyone taken care of, but just a suggestion that 2 people at the desk for rush times is a better bet.

Room Tip: The higher floor, the less the street noise
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank vricha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Beaver, PA
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Went to Omaha Nebraska on a "bucket list" trip (Nebraska is my 48th visited state) and stayed at the Hotel Deco. Was originally trying to get the Hilton but they were full (because of the World College Series next door). So glad I stayed at the Deco!

This hotel was situated very close to The Marketplace area, which meant easy access to stores, restaurants, and other activities (like visiting the Durham museum, The Jocelyn museum, and walking across the suspension bridge over the Missouri river). The hotel also had a free car service that took me to the zoo, and took me back to the airport.

The staff could not have been more wonderful. All the front desk staff were terrific, but a special thank you to Victoria, with her warm smile and helpful advice. Also a big thank you to Terry, who shuttled me around. Just nice, nice people.

The room was big, comfortable, and relaxing. The housekeeping staff are superb. Despite it being near 90 each day I was there, the room was always kept cool by a great air-conditioning system. The bathroom had a spacious shower, and the amenities were top-notch.

I really, really enjoyed my stay!

Room Tip: The front desk staff is very helpful; the free car service is just a request away
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank mockx3
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a business trip. The rooms were large and beautifully decorated, not to mention very spacious and clean. The shower was great - it felt like you were standing under a waterfall!

We were greeted with a friendly front desk team, who processed our rooms very quickly. They also went into detail on what the hotel had to offer in terms of the restaurant and bar. In addition, they offered to transport us to where we needed to go in a 3 mile radius. Their team was very accomodating, as they transported our large group to different locations downtown, and patiently waiting for us when we were delayed. I highly recommend this hotel. The rooms were very unique and the staff were so accomodating.

Overall, the experience at this hotel was wonderful. It made for a great first trip to Omaha.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank April Y
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

I love love this hotel. The staff is so nice and very professional. The rooms made me feel like im a movie star coz of its very beautiful design. I felt so special and relaxed after. I didnt wanna leave. And also my fav the shower. There are like 5 showers on the wall. It was superb. I felt like a million bucks.

• Stayed April 2013
Bellevue, NE, United States
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My first stay but won't be my last. This is a beautiful hotel and appointed wonderfully. To be fair I love Art Deco décor and this hotel gives you a terrific plunge into the style. We were greeted by a friendly desk manager and while checking in the manager of marketing said hello and offered us a drink and asked if there was anything we needed assistance with. Our room was beautiful the bathroom unreal with a shower like no other. Great towels, shampoos and soaps, plush bath robes and slippers. We went to the lounge for cocktail hour and the lounge continued the experience into Deco. Drinks and horderves half price, very good, and you could make a meal from them. This hotel had the most reasonable 24 hour room service I have seen in a long time had a great breakfast that came to the room in less than 15 min.
Later I called down to make arrangements for a cab. I was asked where I was going and told them to a concert at one of the casinos in Iowa. I was told they would be glad to take me in their "shuttle" at no cost. The shuttle was a beautiful late model Mercedes car and a great driver that also came to pick us up after the concert. Can't say enough about Deco XV other than you should experience class.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I'm an airline crew member and obviously travel a lot. I had a 4:30 am wake up call to start the day. However, I had a corner room a few floors up and across the street from a bar or adult establishment, not sure which. Around midnight I was awoke by patrons of this establishment in the parking lot who were quite loud. This went on until I think 1 or 2 am. Other than this, the noise, a nice hotel, within walking distance to Old Town (entertainment area).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Captain105
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

I got an amazing rate through a conference I attended. This low rate took the sting out of the fact it was very difficult to get a good night's sleep due to the amount if street noise coming through the single paned windows. Most of the time it seemed like the windows were open - that's what the noise was like. This hotel experience would be transformed if they replaced the windows with double- or triple-paned glass.

Food was average, service was good, and their car service was awesome - I didn't have to use my own car once during my stay. Shower was great too.

Overall a great value for me but by the third day was pretty exhausted from lack of sleep.

• Stayed May 2013