Hotel Deco XV
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
$106
$98
All reviewsbody jetsold marketrecommend hoteldowntown omahaking suiteboutique hotelmini barvalet parkingwet bargrab and goorpheum theaterwithin walking distancevalet servicebeautiful hotelroom was spaciousfront desk staffcorner room
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We chose the hotel Deco because it was one of the properties reccommeded for a dance function we attended in downtown Omaha. From the beginning I knew it would disappoint because when I called to modify reservation I was put on hold many times and Victoria got my reservation wrong so I asked her to verbally review with me she became short and irritable stating she had it right,my experience is a verbal review is always a good thing! When we arrived they didn't have enough valet parkers, bellmen, or luggage carts. Be advised everything is on their time schedule, would have been okay but our group was on a tight schedule. Employees of both hotel and the adjoining Zin Room restaurant felt stressed and stretched and it showed in their interactions with guests. We ordered room service breakfast a full day in advance and it was late and the order was wrong. They did comp it so that made it somewhat better but of course would have preferred to get it right from the start. On the plus side it's nicely decorated and the restaurant and bar aren,t bad. The shower was great! Had we gone for a leisurely weekend we may have felt differently. It seemed like a ton of business got dropped onto a property that's normally pretty slow, an opportunity to build your business but this hotel seemed too stretched and stressed to realize that!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Hotel D, Manager at Hotel Deco XV, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear Julie,
Our goal at the Hotel Deco XV is to provide an Extraordinary Experience for all of our guests, I am sorry that you were not pleased. Victoria is a seasoned member of our team and I apologize if she was short with you. We enjoyed a very busy weekend in the Downtown Omaha area and we do staff accordingly. We appreciate you taking your time to share your comments, it is with your feedback that we can continue to improve upon our services.
I am avaiable if you would like to contact me at 402-991-4981.
Josh Houston

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Don't let any of the negative reviews scare you away (it is far and away better than it's ranking of #30 in Omaha hotels)

I was born and raised in the Omaha area. We returned for a weekend to visit friends and family. For the first 3 nights, we stayed in the Hilton Garden Inn (rated #1 on Tripadvisor for Omaha hotels). It was very nice.

The last night we decided to try out Hotel Deco, and I'm really glad we did. The hotel is amazingly restored. The price was great due to a sale on Travelocity. We reserved a King Suite, which was huge, beautiful, and immaculate. The room had really modern furnishings that were tasteful. The sitting area was very nice, and it was nicely separated from the sleeping area. The bathroom was large and had the aforementioned shower.

The service was excellent during our stay. The complementary valet is almost unbelievable. We didn't take advantage of the shuttle service, but it was nice that it was available. We didn't have time to visit the hotel bar/restaurant.

The hotel feels more luxurious than any other I can think of in Omaha. The room actually reminds me of the suite I stayed at Trump Soho in Manhattan, only it was 1/6 the price. Stay here If you're looking for a room that is a cut above the standard Hilton/Doubletree/Marriott that is identical to every other city in the US.

PS - I am in no way affiliated with this hotel. Just need to give credit where it is due.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank coharahawk
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stayed at the Deco XV while on business in Omaha. As with most cities, downtown lodging is quite expensive, and I was very intrigued by the $118 prepay I found on travelocity.

The decor of this historic hotel is stunningly beautiful. Traditional art deco in the entryway and lobby has been complemented by what I will call "deco nouveau," or art deco with 21st century touches.

To say I was pleased would be an understatement. My King Suite room was immaculately clean, the bed comfortable and the bedding soft and luxurious (but what's with the small pillows that seem to be the trend in hotels these days?).

I also was very impressed with the full-body shower. I was concerned that some reviews here and on other sites had mentioned lack of hot water, but this was not an issue for me. As hot as I wanted, and for as long as I wanted...from the cascading shower head to the six body jets.

I was also impressed with the fleece bath robe in the closet, as well as the slightly larger-than-usual bottles of shampoo, shower gel, conditioner, and hand/body lotion. Cordless phones and two 36" flat screens rounded out the amenities. Missing from the room, however, was a channel guide.

Given that my stay was on a December week night, noise was not an issue for me, however I did notice traffic noise.

The service provided was outstanding, from the friendly greeting by the doorman, to the front desk clerks, to the parking valets. Valet parking is complementary, by the way, as is a Mercedes-Benz shuttle to/from any location in a 3-5 mile radius from the hotel.

The bartender in the Encore lounge was also very helpful, keeping me stocked with ice since the 6th floor ice machine was out of order. The lounge also boasts a beautiful (if not slightly out of tune) grand piano, and beautiful art deco styling.

I was delighted with my stay at this hotel. While not perfect, it is obvious that the staff and management of Hotel Deco XV aim to please, and service is a huge priority for them.

They'll get repeat business from me the next time I am in town.

Room Tip: IF you are concerned about noise, ask for a room not facing the street.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Mike B
Hotel D, Manager at Hotel Deco XV, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Thank you for all of your compliments. We take great pride in our service and are very pleased to receive feedback. We look forward to your next stay at the Hotel Deco XV.
Josh Houston- Guest Service Manager

Reviewed December 7, 2012

A company that I was doing some freelance work for actually booked me at this hotel. I'd previously done some research into Omaha hotels in the past and this hotel had been high on my list, so I was pleased to have the opportunity to stay there. We arrived after 10pm on a Wednesday night, so it was pretty quiet. The bar was already closed and there was no line at the front desk. I suppose if there were more than 6 people trying to check in at once, it could get crowded in the lobby, but it's a beautiful and charming historic building, no big deal. I had been booked in a King Suite room and was shocked when I opened my door. I had a front foyer, a sitting room with a wet bar and desk, a separate bedroom with a beautiful bed, and a huge modern bathroom. The bed was inviting and comfortable, I never heard a peep from the hallway or other rooms, and the staff was incredibly courteous. They also offered a free shuttle to any place we wanted to go. And since the hotel bar was closed, we asked Byron (SUPER NICE!) to take us to the brewery in the Old Market district. We ended up just walking back afterwards because it really is so close to the hotel.

My only complaint is about the shower, and it's not really a complaint. As previous people have stated, the showers are a statement piece of these rooms. It comes with 4-5 body sprayers, a handheld sprayer and an overhead rain-like sprayer. But in order to operate them, you need instructions. They provide these instructions on a piece of paper in the bathroom, but they aren't very clear. I had to use a lot of trial and error to get the overhead to turn on. Once I figured it out, it was pretty nice, but there wasn't a ton of water pressure and I would have preferred that the water was hotter. I had mine turned up as high as I could get it, and it wasn't super hot. Had all of these things been better, I may have never left the shower at all, it's potentially awesome.

Overall, I would stay again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank SarahsAdventures
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Entrance on ground floor quite small, so reception was cold and formal. Efficient staff.
Rooms large, clean and beautifully decorated, fabulous large windows in our room, giving wonderful feeling of space and light. Noise not a problem on night we stayed
Great 'body' shower in bathroom!
Good location, with valet carparking
Stayed for 1 night and left early in the morning so not able to comment on breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple