“New Place to stay in Omaha”
Review of Hotel Deco XV

Hotel Deco XV
Ranked #18 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Minnetonka, Minnesota
“New Place to stay in Omaha”
Reviewed September 24, 2011

I travel to Omaha frequently on business and decided to try the newly remodeled, Deco Hotel this trip. I did not notice any thing special about the services, other than the staff was always very friendly and helpful. There is no coffee in the room, which I find inconveinient and this puts their staff & other guests at the risk of talking to me BEFORE I have had my coffee since you have to go downstairs to get some. The rooms are Upscale and nicely appointed in the "Deco" style and the showers are Awesome. I have never concenred myself with the type of shower that was in my hotel room, but these are very unique showers and one should experience them. No soap dish holders in the shower though, which I found very inconvenient. A little too European for me. One of the highlights is the ZIN restaurant on the lobby level. Excellent food and atmosphere. Ryan is the owner and he is the one that actually introduced us to the hotel. Free valet parking is a plus! I would recommend this hotel since it is unique and centrally located in the heart of the Downtown Omaha Nightlife!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank rgpieper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed September 22, 2011

This boutique hotel -- just 89 rooms -- opened recently in a building constructed in 1930 in downtown Omaha.
Conveniently located immediately across the street from the historic Orpheum Theater, several blocks from the Holland Performing Arts Center, and less than a half-mile from the popular Old Market District, the Deco Hotel is the best thing that has happend to this property -- other hotels have come and gone.
Our large king room was outstanding, with features rarely found at other Omaha hotels. The full body shower was amazing, as were the larger sized, higher-end toiletries. The fresh robes and plush slippers in the closet were a pleasant surprise, as was the assortment of wines, liquors and light snacks awaiting us in the refreigerator. The room was perfectly quiet and the bed / linens sumptuous.
The 37-inch flat screen HD plasma television was great, as was the free wireless internet. Covered valet parking was complimentary as well.
We particularly loved the hotel's ZIN Restaurant, a reasonably-priced fine dining establishment with incredible ambiance -- and service to go with it.
We live about 40 minutes from downtown Omaha and like to stay downtown whenever possible after attending concerts and sporting events. We expect to return often to the Deco.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank andy8550
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Everything was great--hotel conveniently located, shuttle/car to take us around downtown if needed, rooms were cute---only bad thing--no coffee in the room. Had to walk down to lobby to get cup---which I could have drank on the elevator ride to room---asked for larger to-go cups so that I could take back to the room for myself and guest.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Decor was cute
Rooms were big
Quite

Bads:
Had a lot of trouble finding the reservation I made the day before (finally did though)
Bed wasn't all the way made
Tampon wrapper on bathroom floor (basically the housekeeping was less than par)
Service was touch and go. 1/2 friendly 1/2 indifferent

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jen2580
Sara C, Manager at Hotel Deco XV, responded to this review, September 16, 2011
Hello jen2580,

We at Hotel Deco XV want each of our guests experience to be fantastic. Our goal is to provide exceptional service and a clean comfortable room! I am sorry to hear of your concerns.

I would appreciate if you would contact me directly so that I can research your reservation and stay. I then can coach team members that touched your stay.

I appreciate you letting me know of your dates of stay. 402-991-4981. saraclausen@hoteldecoomaha.com. Thank you.

Regards,
Sara Clausen
Omaha
Reviewed September 1, 2011

You'd think we would have planned something big or a trip for our 20th anniversary but with a busy family and no windows to schedule a trip we decided to spend a weekend in downtown Omaha (We live in West-O). We decided to try the Hotel Deco XV ...and glad we did. From the onset we felt like we were on vacation. Check in was a snap, free valet and underground parking. When we arrived they recognized it was our anniversary and upgraded us to a suite at no extra charge. The suite was beautiful and spacious. Excellent design - lots of historic deco details intermingled with modern design. Felt like we were in Chicago. We felt we had nice privacy too. Spent some time at the Zin Room in the hotel. Cocktails and appetizers. Being only a block off the Old Market we decided to do some shopping and an impromptu art gallery tour. Ended up buying a painting for our 20th. Dinner at Vivace, one of our favorites.

The showers are fantastic and the beds super comfortable. We slept in and refreshed for the farmers market. Great location, great stay, highly recommended for out of town guests and West-Oers needing a quick get-a-way. Wish we had another night there. Definitely will be staying there the next time a show/concert is in town. Hear they free shuttle you.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JeffOmaha
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed August 23, 2011

After having visited Omaha for work nearly 20 times in two and a half years I know the Omaha hotels WELL. Mid 2011 a brand new addition opened, and I have switched ALL trips to include staying here (in fact I have stayed 4 times at Hotel Deco in the last 4 months!).
It's stylish, the service is top notch, Zin the restaurant attached, has the BEST hash browns I have ever tasted for breakfast.... a great menu for lunch and dinner and a hopping nightlife scene as well. The rooms are very modern, it takes a little to figure out how the 5 shower heads work, but once you do, it's awesome!!! The beds are very comfortable, and I find some new tweak or change on every trip...looking forward to my next one in October!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Annette T
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed August 19, 2011

We were greeted as royalty and treated throughout the stay as family. The cleanliness of the hotel and the quality of the staff is beyond anything Omaha has to offer. A 5+ star rating. The best of the best!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family