“Mad Men Meets Modern!”
Review of Hotel Deco XV

Hotel Deco XV
Ranked #18 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed July 23, 2011

After looking for area hotels with a little more character and style than the usual I found Hotel Deco. I was a little concerned at first by some older reviews from 2009 but quickly found out that the Hotel had been completely remodeled in late 2010. Nicola further relieved my trepidation when I made my reservations over the phone. She was very helpful and friendly. The entire staff including Yusef and Bob went out of there way to professional even when fetching the car in 100+ heat. They even printed out my boarding passes for me and my colleague when I asked about a printer.

The lobby and lounge area were magnificent. You felt like you were on the set of a slightly updated episode of Mad Men. Very hip and very neat. I reserved a king bed and was pleasantly surprised by the amount of room. There was a sitting area complete with area rug, couch, chair and coffee table arranged in front of a fully stocked wetbar. But the real treat for me was the shower. This sit-down shower boasted an overhead raindrop head as well as 6 body jets! Such a great place to relax after a long day with clients!

I would definitely recommend staying here either for business or pleasure!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank BMo_Durham
There are newer reviews for Hotel Deco XV

Reviewed July 20, 2011

I really had some high expectation for this hotel. Over all, the hotel is AVERAGE. Granted the hotel has been open only for a month or so... but when you boost about luxury and service then I expect you should deliever. Here is my list:

1. Poor Renovations. - Paint over spray everywhere, spa never cleaned out and not working. Even the dry sauna not working. Half hazzard workmanship in most of the hotel.

2. Poor House Keeping- No clue on how to maintain spotless rooms or common areas. There were many scuffs, finger prints, murkey tile /wood floors and dusty light fixtures.

3. Employees not in uniforms.
Front desk person not even in busines attire.... very casual dress

4. Employees not properly trained in high end service.- Not attentive or aware of a guest being around. No greeting.

5. Filthy shuttle. (STAIN CARPET , NEWS PAPERS COFFE CUPS AND BIRD #$%&#& ) So you bought a used mecedes C class with 17, 000 miles plus... at least wash it either early in the morning or late night and pick up after each trip. Perhaps a used E class would have been a better choice . More room and less crowded.

6. Room furniture is not high end. Ikea/ HomeGoods type furniture.

7. Banquet rooms dirty with employee dishes left on tables.

8. Dirty and dust windows

I wish this hotel success given todays economics . I hope the management will take a closer look at details and consider acting upon the eyes soars I see and as well as other will see and comment on eventually.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank TVL4TVL
HotelDecoXV, General Manager at Hotel Deco XV, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2011

Our goal at Hotel Deco XV is to provide the most comfortable room and best service possible for all of our guests. I am sorry to hear of your concerns.

Hotel Deco XV is a growing new property in a Historic 1930's Tower. We have renovated using the finest products and feel our property is unique and lovely.

Omaha has been enjoying 100+ degree weather so I apologize but I have been allowing staff to forgo their buisness jackets to try to keep cool while accommodating our guests.

We at Hotel Deco XV are striving for excellence and appreciate all comments by guests and will address any concerns brought to our attention immediately. I can assure you we are working on all details during this busy opening time for us when we have enjoyed several sold out days.

With Regards,

Sara Clausen

Reviewed July 17, 2011

My friends and I stayed at Hotel Deco XV for the CWS. I was skeptical on the location at first, but ended up being the best part of the trip! Everything from the service to checkout was first class! Complimentary valet service is a huge perk and free shuttle to anywhere Downtown was a plus as well. The staff was very friendly and the room was amazing. Last but not least, The Zin Room is a restaurant (in the hotel) to checkout whether or not you're staying at the hotel.....you will not be disappointed...one of the best places I've eaten in a while! I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Omaha or anyone in Omaha looking to get away for a night.

2  Thank CubbiesNU
HotelDecoXV, Director of Sales at Hotel Deco XV, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2011

Thank you for choosing Hotel Deco XV during your stay. We are looking forward for your next visit!

Reviewed July 8, 2011

I stayed at Hotel Deco for the opening weekend of the College World Series. Being that Omaha is my hometown, I was eager to see how Hotel Deco stacked up to many of the boutique hotels I have stayed at in other cities. I can assure you that Hotel Deco did not disappoint. From the complimentary valet to the excellent concierge and room service, the hotel made sure to do everything to ensure my friends and I were comfortable. One of the best parts of the entire stay was that we were giving free shuttling service to our different CWS destinations downtown, helping my friends and I save time and money. The staff was extremely kind and courteous. I recommend this hotel to any one looking for a step-up from those run-of-the-mill luxury hotels.

2  Thank abhalla90

We appreciate your business with us! We are hoping to see you again.

Reviewed June 24, 2011

Enjoyed the unique boutique feel of this hotel. Cool lobby and large rooms are a plus. The hotel is new so it felt a little quiet so would love to go back again in a couple of months once it is more established. Very nice!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Happymom030303
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I've been to Omaha numerous times over the years for the CWS and usually stay downtown at the Hilton. This time I decided to switch things up and try the newly opened Hotel Deco- glad I did! This hotel is very unique when it comes to Omaha- it truly is a luxury boutique hotel with everything such a phrase conjures up: great posh restaurant- check ; modern and upscale rooms - check; ideal location (right across from the Orpheum)- check. I am definitely a creature of habit but am glad I tried out Hotel Deco this time around- will definitely be back next time I'm in the area.

5  Thank neerajuw10
Reviewed June 21, 2011

We decided to stay at Hotel Deco XV because we were looking for a small, boutique hotel that was close to the College World Series. The hotel was above and beyond our expectations! It is nestled in the middle of downtown Omaha in a historic building. The minute we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted by staff to help us with our luggage and get us settled. They were all so pleasant and accommodating. We didn't know much about Omaha and the staff gave great recommendations for restaurants, even though we spent much of the time in the lobby which had a bar and great atmosphere. The rooms were clean, comfortable and LARGE! I would highly recommend it to anyone traveling to Omaha, especially, if they want to be downtown because the location was perfect!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple