“Quaint, mid-level lodging”
Review of Regency Lodge

Regency Lodge
Ranked #64 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed June 17, 2014

My first impression was "I like it". It has character. Beginning with the lobby which expands into the bar, it has a rustic cabin-like décor. The room and interior of the building also follows the same theme. The rooms are adequate in size, has all the amenities one would expect from a high end hotel, but of course not to that quality. The quality of items are acceptable and functional. This is not a Marriott, but it is neither the Motel 6. Set your expectation appropriately, and I think you will enjoy this "lodge". My husband and I had bought some beverages which we kept in the refrigerator. Then when we had extra time, we walked around the lobby looking at the interesting displays and structures, and relaxed outside enjoying the natural appearing waterfall river/stream they had built in the garden.
The service was excellent. We did not have time for the free breakfast, and ate elsewhere.
If you just need a decent place to stay that offers comfort, but are not looking for a high, quality, expensive hotel, this is the one I would pick.

Room Tip: If you want to drive your car up to the front door of your room, get a first floor room. The others...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

After seeing some of the reviews on Trip Advisor I was a little leery booking the Regency Lodge, and I really should have trusted my gut and looked elsewhere. My husband has a bad back, and older non-firm matresses can cause weeks of agony- he will be booking a chiropractor appointment when we get home. In its defense, it was clean, breakfast staff and cleaning staff seemed very nice (only staff I interacted with). But it would need some upgrades including much better beds before I would consider going back. If the rooms were as nicely decorated as the lobby it would at least be a step in the right direction.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed May 30, 2014

This hotel has the potential to be a great place to stay. Unlike chain hotels, it has a special character and theme (which is a bear!). But unfortunately, the rooms have a very old look and an unpleasant old smell. The linens were almost worn out. I even saw a tiny insect flying in front of my face probably attracted by the light from my laptop screen. The rooms desperately shout "I need a renovation"! The A/C unit in the room was so noisy and intolerable (at least for me) that I had to turn it off despite the hot temperature. They have a complimentary breakfast which is very simple. You really don't have many choices to choose from. All in all, it is not a 3 star hotel in its current condition, although, with some attention and renovation, it can be an upscale 3 star hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 29, 2014

When traveling through Omaha, what is your objective? Clean. Friendly. Showers that work. No surprises. Pleasant surroundings. The Regency is an outstanding selection for its price point. Enough said. This ain't Chicago, people. This is Omaha. I will definitely go back again.

Room Tip: Say thank you to those who serve you.
Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights while we took our children to enjoy the zoo. Lovely landscaping, home like, and with modern amenities. Was pleased with the hot breakfast that came with the lower price. Would definitely stay again,even though it was a bit out of our way. It is close to a theater, which was also a bonus for the kids. We were pleased with this choice.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Patricia B
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Hotel staff front desk was good. Restaurant waitress was a little 'off'. thank goodness she repeated back the order as was she was wrong on drink order, had to repeat 3 times. Rooms were clean, bathroom was small with some mold in the shower. Overall this was ok for the value.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2014

After Staybridge intentionally failed to keep a reservation made for three months, and reconfirmed just two days before we traveled to Omaha, we found ourselves scrambling for rooms on a very busy weekend. We found rooms here.

Friendly staff, quiet and comfortable rooms. TVs are dated and the hotel could use some other updates (looks like that is in the works) but it saved the weekend for us, and we had a very good experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family