“great hotel”

Homewood Suites Omaha Downtown
Ranked #4 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Great service and clean room. Perfect for our family's stay. Nice to have free parking and complimentary breakfast making it worth the money compared to other hotels in the area. We would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Makaela W, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites Omaha Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a great review for us!

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We are equally happy to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and free parking! We are always striving to stay competitive in the market and are happy to know you were satisfied with everything we had to offer. We hope to see you back again soon!

Best Regards,
Makaela Wiens
Front Office Manager

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites Omaha Downtown

Reviewed August 5, 2013

My dad tried to check-in and the front desk check-in lady this past Saturday afternoon (8/3) and she said he only had one room, not two he had reserved. She wouldn't believe him until my dad gave her the confirmation number, then for some reason became angry at him that he was telling the truth and actually had two rooms. I'm not sure why she was angry; I'm also not sure why Hilton's aged computer system couldn't find the second reservation (under the same name) without the confirmation. What would have happened if we didn't keep the confirmation number?

The two rooms unfortunately were not even on the same floor, but they were clean, spacious, and had a great view. The breakfast was excellent with different (hot) options available each day.

The pool was spacious, but on the second day there, I did smell some urine in the hot tub and the water in the pool was a little cloudy.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge for a great view at night (it lights up).
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
lsaronomaha, General Manager at Homewood Suites Omaha Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

We are pleased to hear you had a pleasant stay overall and apologize for the mishap at arrival with our team not being able to locate your reservation. We appreciate your patience in working through that! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay regardless and apprecate your comments on breakfast, spacious and clean rooms, and our pool area.

Thank you again for taking the time to review your stay at Homewood Suites Omaha Downtown. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

While we were at the Homewood Suites Omaha, there was a famous rock band staying in the same hotel...who we never saw. The problem was that their 4 buses ran engines 24 hours a day, probably to keep them cool inside just in case the band decided to leave early. The engines made plenty of noise and the 2 parked in the canyon between 2 high rise hotels echoed even louder. The staff was kind enough to change our room twice when we checked the room out, before unloading our luggage and they were aware of the problem but powerless to prevent it. It is too bad that environmental laws in most places do not prohibit buses and trucks from running engines all night long when not in use, even if they are not refrigerating food for delivery.

Otherwise this Homewood Suites did a typically excdellent Hilton job of running their hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay in rooms on lower floors in the central canyon between Homewood and Hampton Inn unless y...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
lsaronomaha, General Manager at Homewood Suites Omaha Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Greetings! Thank you for your recent stay at Homewood Suites Omaha Downtown! We are pleased that you have taken the time to write a review of your stay with us! Feedback from guests is our most valuable tool in ensuring we are exceeding our guests expectations each and every stay!

Thank you for your feedback on the bus parking at Homewood Suites. We apologize for the noise issues those buses caused you during your stay with us. We appreciate your patience and diligence in working with our team to resolve the issue.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

My family and I only stayed one night, but the staff was very helpful. We needed a pack-n-play for our infant son and they brought one right up to the room. Everything was very clean and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was great (the bacon was really good) and we had a great stay!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your recent stay at Homewood Suites Omaha Downtown! We appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your experience at our hotel.

We truly appreciate your positive comments! We're glad we were able to provide a pack n play for your stay with us and that you found our accommodations clean and comfortable. Bacon is a favorite and we're glad you were able to enjoy that while with us too!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Always a pleasure staying at Homewood, good service, good price...food is good especially for being complimentary. I prefer bacon which wasn't provided during this trip but all other foods were good. Good location to everything and staff very friendly and helpful. As for training facilities, the chairs could be more comfortable/ergonomic. Other than that, great stay as usual.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

We are pleased to hear you had a pleasant stay overall and we appreciate your positive comments on our service level, price, food offerings, and location. Your response made our day!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

As the title suggests, this was my second time staying here. The first time I had a king studio suite and this time I reserved a king one bedroom suite. I liked everything about the room and hotel during my first stay, but the second stay presented with several inconveniences with the first being the rooms keys. The suite was on the 8th floor. Neither key I was given would register in the door lock (it didn't even give a red signal), so I had to go back down to the desk. Once at the front desk, the staff member said the keys were programmed correctly and said she would come back up with me to try them herself. She tried the first key and it didn't work, so after adjusting the door handle a little bit, she was finally able to get the second key to work, so she said she would be back in a few minutes with a duplicate key (so I had two keys) which would also hopefully work, which she did and I am grateful for the customer service she provided. The second inconvenience was the carpet. There were several spots where the carpet was discolored (some of the spots were 6 inches in diameter) and other spots that had black stains. Maintenance came up and tried to do something about the discolored carpet, but it didn't seem to do much. The black stains were not touched. My question is, why did the housekeeping staff not report this to management so that it could be replaced or even covered by a throw rug? The third issue was the bed. It was not comfortable and there seemed to be problems with the box spring as it made cracking noises just to sit on the bed and each time I would move while resting on the bed (even slight movement). Maintenance checked the bed and felt there wasn't any issues with it. A fourth item was the sofa. It sagged towards the middle and made noises like the springs were worn out and seemed like it needed replaced. I told the front desk about this but don't know if anything was done (it wasn't replaced during my stay). The fifth and final issue was what appears to be a lack of attention to detail by the housekeeping staff as I found a poster in the room from the College World Series which had been in Omaha one month earlier. It is hard to believe that something was left for that long and was not found by the housekeeping staff, which makes me wonder how thoroughly the rooms are cleaned. I reported all of these at one time to the front desk and as I mentioned earlier, the staff relayed the information to the maintenance supervisor right away so they could be addressed. My disappointment is that I stayed here (18 months ago) before and the room was immaculate, but this time it was quite the opposite. With this being a Hilton Property, it is shocking that this particular suite was not up to the company's standards. I did not let these issues ruin my weekend, but I am not sure I will stay here in the future because of this experience.

I want to acknowledge that the front desk staff was very apologetic and was responsive to all of the issues with the room. In fact, the staff told me they were not charging me for the first night, which I did not ask for and I even said it wasn't necessary to do that, but the staff member said it was already done and I appreciated that kind gesture.

The breakfast is more than adequate (the dinner M-Th is usually good and filling), the common areas of the hotel are up to date and clean, and the shuttle service is a great benefit of staying at the hotel as I parked the car on Friday and didn't move it until I left Sunday. I took the shuttle to the Old Market and to another hotel where I was attending a function and it was very convenient each time.

My overall rating is "very good" because I feel it is better than average (even with the issues I had).

Overall, Homewood Suites is a good brand, but this stay was disappointing.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

We truly appreciate your honest perspective on your stay and the comments regarding your keys not working, spots on the guest room carpet, condition of the sofa, and the comfort of the bed. After your departure we were able to take your room down for review. We truly appreciate you bringing those items to our attention, as that is not the typical quality level of our hotel. Your comments ensured we took note of the challenges, and we appreciate you prompting us to do that.

We hope that you will give us an opportunity next time you're in Omaha to WOW you with the exceptional stay experience you had the first time you stayed with us.

Thank you again for your candid feedback.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Nice hotel in a good location. We loved having both beds in their own room and two bathrooms are great when traveling. The rooms were clean and quiet with large windows to see the view. I would love to transport this hotel to other cities on our vacation.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

We are pleased to hear you had a great stay with us and would have loved to stay longer! We feel very fortunate to offer such spacious suites with great amenities.