“New and clean with plenty of room.”

Homewood Suites Omaha Downtown
Ranked #4 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Overall a very nice hotel, clean room and interior. Service was friend;y, although a little slow at check in. Breakfast was good and the nightly manager's receptions was a nice touch. Very convenient to the airport. Would be a five start, but the room rate was a little expensive for this type of hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank ColoradoWeatherMan

Reviewed November 10, 2011

We stayed here for a fun weekend get away and were not disappointed. The staff and services were outstanding. Our room was spacious and very clean. We appreciated the friendliness of the management and staff. My only suggestion would be to get to the free hot breakfast early as some menu items were no longer available late in the service. We would definitely stay here again. Excellent value and location to Downtown and area attractions and parking is free..

Room Tip: We had a room right on Cuming Street, and across the hall from the elevators, yet our suite was stil...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shannon P
Reviewed October 12, 2011

The staff was extremely friendly, helpful and efficient. The fully equipped room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was very good. They have a shuttle that will take you to the Old Market District. The hotel is across the street from the CWS ballpark. Nice location. Parking was free. I would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank egregclark
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Flew into Omaha's airport in the afternoon where we were quickly picked up by the hotel's free shuttle service. Checked into our rooms. Unfortunately since the hotel was at full capacity, 2 rooms were smoking and had a terrible smell and a humidity issue as well. One of the rooms was upgraded to a 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom suite which was huge. We walked to Old Market for dinner, and after a night out we called the shuttle to take us back to the hotel. The driver arrived within 5 minutes.

Breakfast the next morning was excellent. The shuttle took us to the location downtown where our meetings were being conducted and picked us up later that afternoon. We were extremely impressed by the shuttle service/drivers and would be inclined to stay here again for that reason alone! All in all, the hotel made for a great, quick trip.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank KenzieLovesTravel
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This is a nice hotel located in a convenient location. It's close to the airport and also close to highways and downtown Omaha. You can get anywhere in and around Omaha in 15 minutes from this location. There are a few restaurants within walking distance of the hotel too. The staff was very friendly and offered suggestions whenever I had questions. The rooms are nice, clean, and quiet. This is an all-around nice hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank MItravelerforbus
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Stayed for a long weekend and really enjoyed it. Staff was great and room, lobby, exercise room and pool were all great! Room was clean, comfy bed, plenty of pillows, comfy couch and kitchenette. Front desk staff will arrange for a small shuttle van to drop-off and pick-up within four miles. Location is in a typical downtown metro undergoing revitalization and it felt great to be a part of that. There are a few retail businesses across the street and a bar and yogurt place but you’ll need to drive or take the shuttle to eat-out. At first look, the complimentary breakfast was on par with other hotels but was actually much better quality than most. If we’re ever back in Omaha, we’ll stay again!

Room Tip: Second floor may not be the best; the sound of closing doors seems to carry. South facing room was v...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MALLGY
Reviewed August 16, 2011

After a terrible experience in Galveston, Texas on the previous Thursday and Friday, staying at this hotel on Saturday night was an excellent stress release. It isn't the Elysian in Chicago, the Mansion in Dallas or the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs, but for the price you pay and for the expectations of a chain such as this, I do not believe there could have been a better place to stay in Omaha. No wonder it is rated No. 1 in Trip Advisor. Please note, I do not always write gloating reviews (e.g. Galveston) so when I say this was a very good place to stay, take my word for it.

The only reason for the Very Good and not Excellent rating is due to not being, what I would rate, as a 5 Star hotel, such as the ones I have previously mentioned. However, as a chain hotel, I would stay here every time.

Location: Approximately 3.3 miles from the airport. Stay on the same road from the airport to the hotel.

Check in: Amazing! I had arrived at 10:30 in the morning. Way too early to check in. However, the staff not only allowed me to check in but upgraded me becuase the room I had reserved wasn't ready (which was clearly understandable due to the earliness of my arrival).

Staff: Very friendly and courteous. Obvkously they made me fell welcomed by what they did, as mentioned above.

Room: Clean! Very nice one bedroom suite. I was impressed with the floor plan which provided me with more than enough square footage for my one night stay.

Bed: Here is the one drawback. The cover. I recommend that the hotel use the bed cover that doubles as the blanket (e.g. the type where the sheets cover both sides of a thicker blanket allowing for only the clean sheets to be exposed). The bed cover was what I would expect in a cheap hotel. The problem was that when you took off the bed cover, you were left with only a sheet to cover yourself. I like to keep the room cold (e.g. 65 -- 66) and put the blankets on top. I had to use the bed cover (you never know what is on or has been on the bed cover that isn't washed after each stay).

Bathroom: Very nice and up to date. Plenty of room. Clean with no surprises. Curved shower curtain rod.

Parking: Free and easy to get in and out.

Summary: I highly recommend this hotel. I realize it is a corporate chain that is relunctant to change but the small change to a better bed cover would increase the already clean feel of the rooms.

Room Tip: I do not believe a tip is necessary. The staff are so friendly and will try their best to get you t...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family