“Couldn't be better!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cherry Hills
Ranked #39 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed April 12, 2010

I took a group of 9 senior adults from my church to Omaha to spend a day at the zoo. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Cherry Hills. The only inconvenience is that its a little out of the way. Everything else was practically perfect. Its a beautiful property, very clean and nicely appointed. The manager and staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. The hot breakfast was delicious, with a good variety of food. This is my hotel choice in Omaha from now on.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank bobchi

Reviewed December 29, 2009

I live in omaha and I have booked this hotel numerous times for my girlfriend/fiance who is very picky about the cleanliness off the room. The hotel is very near the interstate for easy access. There is a newly remodeled walmart across the interstate from it and a 2 restaraunts (middle class and a sport bar/grille) and a coffee shop almost in the parking lot. The only issue I have had is the drains in the bath tub are very slow (this only happened in one room), nothing like standing in old dirty bath water, once the drain in the sink was clogged up and they came and fixed it right away.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2009

Traveled to Omaha on business for 3 days and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. I will start by mentioning I don't usually stay in limited service hotels. My first impression did not start off as I would have liked. Arrived on a Sunday evening and stood at the front desk for at least 10 minutes while the guy behind the desk took 4 calls while I stood there waiting to check-in. Finally had to wave our hands in front of him to make sure he saw us. After finally checking in I arrived to the room which was fairly large and clean. I can't complain much about the room...It had a mini fridge and microwave which was nice. The pillows were a little small though and there was some street noise, but that can be expected when off a major road. And the WI-Fi was excellent. The hotel also had a small gym and indoor pool, but I did not use. The free breakfast was...Free. The hot food was a little scary for my liking so I ended up sticking with the cereal. The first morning the hotel only had skim milk, so asked if they had any 2%. Was told they might have some in a few days. Overall, the stay was OK.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 15, 2009

Generally great reviews here so maybe my experience is not normal.
First - maybe the time of year .. but almost $180 with tax at a discount rate set my expectations high.
1) Breakfast .... eggs were watered down (is this becoming an HI trend?) and bacon cold. I expect much more at this price.
2) Room - nothing special - just normal. Why don't these LCD TVS actually get HD broadcasts?
3) Air conditioner / heater - no "fan only setting" - especially nice when the mass of boys baseball teams are running around in the evening :-)
Plus: Manager on duty (evening) did get me in the most quiet room he could considering the other bookings - much appreciated.
Plus: On outskirts of Omaha but right next to a couple of restaurants and ice cream place.
Value for price my main concern. $99 would have got it 4 stars.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank wallywanna
Reviewed May 17, 2009

I work at a Holiday Inn Express so I am a little critical about other hotels, but I really liked this one. It was nice to go to a relaunched hotel. We checked in and the front desk person (Kevin) was very nice. The rooms were almost perfectly cleaned, there was someone elses hair on the blowdryer when we got there but that was the only thing, everthing else was spotless. The decor was great, some hotels look very dated with their bedding and paintings ect.

The only criticisms I have are these:
- I am not a big fan of Holiday Inn Express pillows, they say firm and soft but neither are comforatable.
- The heater/ac unit didn't work well. When we turned the heat on it smelled like burnt hair, and it took about twenty minutes for the a/c to kick on.
- The fridge made a buzzing noise that annoys me greatly, I reported this to the front desk, but I don't think any action was taken.
- The breakfast bar was a little messy, this I can understand a little because there was a group of baseball kids in the hotel, but it was messy and could have been picked up a little better.
- The location isnt great, we asked the front desk for chinese menus and they didnt have any, and there wasnt much around the hotel that seemed interesting (bars/tourist attractions/ etc.)

Overall I really liked the hotel and I feel that they had great service.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2009

My son had a baseball tournament in the Omaha area. After seaching several hotels for a good price for our whole team, we called the HI hotel's front desk and talked to the manager. Not only did he have plenty of rooms for our whole team, but welcomed a team of teenaged boys to the hotel. He also gave us a special rate, since we booked 15 rooms, way less than $100 a night. The hotel was VERY clean and well cared for. The breakfast kept up with 14 teenaged boys, plus the other teams who stayed there, providing several hot choices. There were many tables to sit at, most hotels provide only a few tables, plus a large screen TV to watch while enjoying your breakfast. There was bad weather that weekend, but the staff was very helpful about getting around town after the storm. Also, the pool was enjoyed by all. We found it to be a very comfortable stay with a mini frig and microwave in every room. Plus there was small mini-mall within walking distance that had an ice cream place and a nice sports bar & grill. It had easy on & off acess from the interstate. Except for the weather it was a very good trip!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Peg H
Reviewed October 13, 2008

Stayed at this hotel with the family while attending a business meeting in the area. Our spacious suite had two comfortable queen beds, a pullout sofa, and another comfortable chaise. Wireless internet, a nice pool/hot tub, fitness center, and a delicious breakfast bar made it a great stay. The staff was freindly, the room was very new & clean, and we were very impressed. I'd highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank AlumniGuy