All reviewsnice holidaystayed herepancake makerbrick wallfront deskcheese omeletshot tubfree snacksbathroom fanroom was cleanthe breakfast areaeasy accesshotel is locatedcheck in was easyomaha areathird floorindoor pool
Reviewed May 17, 2009

I work at a Holiday Inn Express so I am a little critical about other hotels, but I really liked this one. It was nice to go to a relaunched hotel. We checked in and the front desk person (Kevin) was very nice. The rooms were almost perfectly cleaned, there was someone elses hair on the blowdryer when we got there but that was the only thing, everthing else was spotless. The decor was great, some hotels look very dated with their bedding and paintings ect.

The only criticisms I have are these:
- I am not a big fan of Holiday Inn Express pillows, they say firm and soft but neither are comforatable.
- The heater/ac unit didn't work well. When we turned the heat on it smelled like burnt hair, and it took about twenty minutes for the a/c to kick on.
- The fridge made a buzzing noise that annoys me greatly, I reported this to the front desk, but I don't think any action was taken.
- The breakfast bar was a little messy, this I can understand a little because there was a group of baseball kids in the hotel, but it was messy and could have been picked up a little better.
- The location isnt great, we asked the front desk for chinese menus and they didnt have any, and there wasnt much around the hotel that seemed interesting (bars/tourist attractions/ etc.)

Overall I really liked the hotel and I feel that they had great service.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2009

My son had a baseball tournament in the Omaha area. After seaching several hotels for a good price for our whole team, we called the HI hotel's front desk and talked to the manager. Not only did he have plenty of rooms for our whole team, but welcomed a team of teenaged boys to the hotel. He also gave us a special rate, since we booked 15 rooms, way less than $100 a night. The hotel was VERY clean and well cared for. The breakfast kept up with 14 teenaged boys, plus the other teams who stayed there, providing several hot choices. There were many tables to sit at, most hotels provide only a few tables, plus a large screen TV to watch while enjoying your breakfast. There was bad weather that weekend, but the staff was very helpful about getting around town after the storm. Also, the pool was enjoyed by all. We found it to be a very comfortable stay with a mini frig and microwave in every room. Plus there was small mini-mall within walking distance that had an ice cream place and a nice sports bar & grill. It had easy on & off acess from the interstate. Except for the weather it was a very good trip!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank Peg H
Reviewed October 13, 2008

Stayed at this hotel with the family while attending a business meeting in the area. Our spacious suite had two comfortable queen beds, a pullout sofa, and another comfortable chaise. Wireless internet, a nice pool/hot tub, fitness center, and a delicious breakfast bar made it a great stay. The staff was freindly, the room was very new & clean, and we were very impressed. I'd highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank AlumniGuy
Reviewed September 3, 2008

Have traveled to Omaha and surrounding towns for about 5 years now. Just came acrossed this HIE and loved it. Great location and great product. Will absolutely be staying at this hotel when in Omaha. Yvonne was working the desk and she was great! Breakfast lady names Dot was so helpful in the morning also. Keep up the great work Cherry Hills.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank hoteljunkyNebraska
Reviewed August 16, 2008

I was very happy with my stay here. The quality and cleanliness of the hotel room and amenities were exactly as pictured and described. It was comfortable and safe so I would definitely stay here again. I was traveling through during a move, so it was perfectly situated off of the main interstates and was surrounded by a couple of restaurants. For someone wanting to be close to downtown Omaha, it would probably be a 10-15 minute drive. My only complaint would be I was not terribly impressed by the continental breakfast because most options seemed a bit greasy. They did however, have yogurt and oatmeal as an option for those who prefer healthier fare.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo