“great place to stay”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cherry Hills
Ranked #43 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed April 15, 2012

This is a new, very nice, clean hotel with a great breakfast. We stayed in a suite, which was large, comfortable, well appointed, and great in virturally every way. The only minor problem is that the air conditioner seemed a little noisy during the night, as it was a room air conditioner and not central air conditioning. But, that was very minor in comparison to all of the other great qualities of the hotel. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Bob k
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cherry Hills

Reviewed April 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night. A bit tricky to find. Front desk staff were friendly, room clean. However upon check-in I noticed a funky smell in the hallways and then in our room. It took me a while to realize what it was. It was the same smell you get from some hospitals and old folks' homes - that ugly cleaning smell from whatever they use. Personally I hate that smell (from personal experience) and did not enjoy my stay. Others however may not be put off by it.

I also realized that this hotel was not constructed as good as others I have stayed in. When walking on the floor, you could hear yourself walk. I assume that is because of the materials they used for the flooring. I had to keep telling my husband to walk softly because I know it would be disrupting to the people below us. I was glad we were on the top floor. You could also hear a lot more noise in the hallways.

At breakfast - a lot of the coffee pots were empty. I put them aside and brought down some full ones from the row above. The lady in charge spent most of her time talking to the front desk staff.

The end result - hotel was okay for one night.

Room Tip: We ate at an Italian restaurant called Mangia Italiana. It is only a few blocks from the hotel. It...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Holly5_12
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cherry Hills, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Dear Holly5_12,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. We are glad our staff was friendly and your room was clean. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. I'm sorry the smell of the cleaners bothered you during your stay. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reference # 27693557

Reviewed November 6, 2011

Our stay was great. No complaints. The front desk staff were helpful and kind. The rooms were clean, beds were comfortable and pool was nice.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MELISSA K
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Was looking forward to my expensive stay... Not so happy about it the rooms are OK however the air conditioner turns on & off & on & off also there are dead bugs everywhere all over the ground... The exercise room is super hot... The a/c I'm there didn't even work.. Think they would be more in the 50-60$ range... Wish I could get a refund :-/

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Very good help behind the desk. Very clean hotel - pretty much what I have come to expect from HEI. A little more expensive than I am used to as a result of the College World Series...but worth it considering the last place I stayed.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank jammin002
Reviewed May 11, 2011

Spent time here as tourists with my daughter. The room was excellent. Even though I'm disabled and we were put on the third floor. This proved no problem. Our room was next to the elevator. Though the hotel was busy we had no issues with excess noise. We were treated like family by the staff. Loved that. Breakfast in the common room was more than adequate. The pancake machine was a little hit and miss but the sausage, scrambled eggs, and other offerings were very good. My daughter spent time in the pool and hot tub and found that very relaxing. It could have been perfect if there had been a small convenience store nearby the hotel. This also proved no problem as the lovely lady at the lobby desk had a kind gentleman of the staff give my daughter a ride to the local Wal-mart! Our first trip to Nebraska was markedly swayed by the friendly folk at this Holiday Inn Cherry Hills.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank luvluvturtles
Reviewed March 11, 2011

Overall, this hotel has very nice rooms, comfortable beds, clean bathrooms, and nice amenities such as a flat screen & microwave/fridge. I had stayed here once before and had a pleasant, average stay. However, my latest stay was less than stellar. I heard running up and down the hallway until 1 AM, along with screaming, talking, and laughing from neighboring rooms on various floors throughout the night. The noise level was apparent and obviously not restricted to one floor. Heard music throughout the night, not sure if that was from the hotel or a nearby bar/restaurant? I was disappointed that management did not handle the noise level better- I am a heavy sleeper, and am used to living in my college dorm and I slept restlessly for less than two hours. After a full day on the road, you can imagine how frustrating that is. I hope I had a rare bad night at Cherry Hills as my previous experience was average/pleasant. Based off my last stay, I will definitely never return here, and I would encourage you to spend your money on a better managed, quieter hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011