“Terrible Staff, No Leadership, Not Hospitable”

Hilton Garden Inn Omaha West
Ranked #14 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Iowa
“Terrible Staff, No Leadership, Not Hospitable”
Reviewed January 4, 2007

This is a terrible hotel. I stayed there one night and it was terrible. We had to move around twice to get a room so that the shower had hot water. I used my points for the stay. They still charged me and to get this corrected took several weeks. I received a 50% off my next stay there. First the letter and certificate do not match. The letter says it is free stay certificate. It is not. The GM did not edit the letter. There is no leadership at this hotel and no one knows what they are doing at this hotel. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! YOU ARE BETTER OFF STAYING AT THE DOWNTOWN LOCATION!!!!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay here.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Bobiben

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Ames, Iowa
Reviewed January 4, 2007

I am a Hilton Honors gold member that primarily travels for business. I decided to try out the new Hilton Garden Inn primarily because of the $79 price. The Hampton Inn was closer to where I needed to be but the price for that hotel was $125 (a typical price). The hotel opened less than a month ago and it spotless. Everything smells brand new and I have almost no complaints.

My GPS was not able to find the hotel based on it's address and it caused me to drive around for 30 minutes before I decided to call the hotel. They told me the hotel was right off the 180th st Dodge exit and I was immediately able to find the hotel. It is right west of the mall. There is no illuminated hotel sign but it is the only building in the subdivision right now so there was little question on where to go.

The room itself included brand new everything: a flat screened tube-TV, a large desk with an office-style chair, a clear glass shower door and a cultured granite counter top in the bathroom, a mini-fridge, new bedding and all of the other usual HGI amenities.

The indoor pool looked great although I didn't get a chance to use it. I also didn't get a chance to view the meeting rooms nor did I take advantage of the on-site restaurant. There is nothing in the immediate walking vicinity of this hotel since it is the only building so far in the subdivision. I would venture so say that over 90% of people will arrive by car so this shouldn't be a problem. This property is very far from the airport and wouldn't be an appropriate place to stay for those arriving via air.

I was given a breakfast coupon due to my HHonors status but I was not given the two free bottles of water nor any upgraded room accommodations even though there were less than a dozen cars in the parking lot at 10pm. To be fair I made my reservation 10 minutes before arrival and I didn't ask for the missing benefits.

All in all this is one of my favorite Hilton properties since the high quality of the property coupled with the great price makes this hotel an outstanding value. I plan to return next week.

• Liked — The hotel is brand new
  • Disliked — No illuminated hotel sign yet
  • Tips/Secrets — Make note of the location before arrival
  • Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank myfrogger