“Absolutely fine for business”

Hilton Garden Inn Omaha West
Ranked #16 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I normally stay at the Marriott in Omaha but as this place is closer to our new office I tried it out last week. In short, this is absolutely fine. No frills and noting spectacular but:

- close to the main highway
- close to some of the malls in the neighbourhood
- clean rooms (although in need of modernisation)
- pretty ok restaurant for breakfast and bar for evening drinks
- nice and smiling staff providing good service

The hotel also has a gym & pool facility but I didn't spend any time there.

So, conclusion. For business I would have no issues staying there again. If you want something a bit more upscale in the area then its the marriot.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank RichardU71
khighberg, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha West, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear RichardU71,

Greetings from Omaha! I want to thank you sincerely for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. This is a great way for travelers to see what others are saying about hotels, and I appreciate your review!

The Hilton Garden Inn Omaha West prides itself on providing all the amenities our guests need to have a successful and productive experience...helping them achieve what is needed while they are in Omaha and away from their home or office. I sincerely thank you for pointing this out and welcome you back to our hotel at any time!

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Omaha West

Reviewed July 25, 2012

For the two nights before moving from Omaha, we stayed at the Hilton Garden in West Omaha. The hotel was everything we and wanted on the midst of packing chaos. Our room was clean and spacious, employees were pleasant and professional. The breakfast menu was varied and tasty, and I enjoyed a delicious salmon dinner, too.

An added bonus: We had decided to replace our bed mattress after relocation. The Hilton Bed was so comfortable that w are looking into getting one for our new place.

Without hesitation, I fully recommend this hotel. Not only is it a good hotel, but it is conveniently located near shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank Dare2BGroovy

Dear Dare2BGroovy,

What a great review! I can't tell you how much we appreciate you taking the time to comment on your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha West. At our hotel, we pride ourselves on delivering what is needed for our guests to have a great experience. I am certainly excited to know that in the midst of your chaotic move you found a place to relax and unwind.

While I'm sorry you had to move away from Omaha, I want you to know you are welcome here at any time!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stay at this hotel often on business! I must give 5 stars to the staff! Accomodating, very service oriented and quick to resolve any issues you might have! I espeically want to comend Dave their hard working, unappreciated bartender! Awesome service! My only complaint is they seem to really "hike" prices when there are events locally. Omaha does not have that much hotel space so they can get away with it.... I don't appreciate it as a customer that stays here at least once a month! I will say on my visit during the College World Series the Assistant Manager lowered my rate to try and help me out a bit because their nightly rate was over $250.00 which my per diem does not cover! All in all great hotel as long as there is nothing going on in the city of Omaha!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Dpingle
khighberg, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha West, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Dear Dpingle,

I want to take a quick moment to sincerely thank you for taking the time to rate us on TripAdvisor.com! I want you to know I will be passing on your comments to Chris (our AGM) and Dave...they love the positive feedback. When other TripAdvisor users are looking at our hotel, I'm happy they will see your review and know our staff is going to treat them great! I sincerely hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 6, 2012

We stayed at this hotel last week, but were unhappy about the cost of the stay. Yes, this is a very clean place to stay, however everything is expensive. The room, for one night, was approximately $200... then to top it off, they wanted payment for internet as well as breakfast. The "Continental" breakfast was not that terrific, but the cost was outrageous. After our stay, we found a Hampton Inn within a mile of this hotel, which was just as nice, half the price, and offered free internet and free breakfast.... so we stayed there on our way back through Omaha on our trip.

Room Tip: Stay at the Hampton Inn that is about 1 mile south of this hotel
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank cowboychincs
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Dear Cowboychincs,

Greetings from Omaha! First, thank you for your review. Positive or negative, we like it when our guests are truthful about their stays as it does give other travelers a bit of information that you wouldn't find anywhere else! That being said, allow me to apologize for the high cost of your stay. It is true, Omaha has been very busy with the College World Series immediately followed by the Olympic Swim Trials. Because of this, rates were increased in the city. That being said, please know the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha West strives to practice fairness in our rate structure. Therefore, you will typically find now that our rates have settled since these events have closed for the year. My hope is that, should you come this way again, you will take a look into staying with us once more! If I can help with that in any way, please let me know.

Thanks again, and have a great day!

Reviewed July 3, 2012

I just stayed again at the Hitlon Garden Inn West Omaha and again was so impressed with the property and staff.
The property, public areas and rooms are always very clean and well kept. The Staff never stops impressing me. I arrived late with 5 Chinese businesss associates who spoke little or no English and the from desk folks were so patient as they got everyone checked in one at a time.
The beds are terrific and the breakfast was fantastic, again because the food was prepared exactly the way I wanted it and the Staff was very attentive.
I get very soiled staying there and always look forward to when I can stay again.
Stan

Room Tip: I don't think you can go wrong with any room in this property!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Stan G
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Dear Stan,

Thanks for the review! We always appreciate when people can go online and read of our dedication to serving our guests! We continue to strive to provide excellent accommodations along with the service to match it. I thank you for your review and look forward to our continued service to you and all our guests!

Reviewed June 28, 2012

The HVAC system is a disaster. I checked in the first night and the room is 76 degrees (100 outside) I'm on the west side with a room overlooking a giant air conditioner (no view otherwise for a silver honors member) I turn down the air and go to dinner expecting the room to be cooler when I got back. I come back and its still 76 degrees! I call down and a guy comes up and says the air conditioner has some sort of sensor that needs heat, or light or movement or something to click on. Ridiculous! The next night they have a reception but there is no notice in the room so I miss it! So, no reception, no view and the air isn't working again. I call down and let them know the issues. Well sir thanks for letting us know you're having a crappy time, so we can work on these things. No offer for anything - points, free meal, discount on the room - nothing! Well, glad I can tell you your hotel and service need work. I hope they fix it, but after two sleepless nights, I won't be back!

Room Tip: Room 218 looks at the giant hvac on the roof that won't cool your room. terrible view!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank r r
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Dear RR,

What a shame that we dropped the ball during your stay, Ron. Hopefully by now, you have heard from me personally to take care of this situation. I hope you know that, even after our guests check out, the team here at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha West care deeply about your stay and will do whatever we can to make it right! Please know this is not the typical service our guests receive at our wonderful hotel. If given another chance, you will see all our hotel, and our staff, have to offer. If there is anything I can do to earn that chance, please let me know.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

This place is a gem of a find out off of 180th. Very new property - everything was clean and shiny, customer service was very good. I did not eat any meals on site. You need a car to get around out here, but I have no issues staying here and commuting to downtown, or out to the regency area around 100th. Well worth a try, even if you are going downtown. If you have grown tired of the mostly aging downtown properties do yourself a favor and try this place

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank dave c
khighberg, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha West, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Dear Dave C,

Greetings from the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha West!

Dave, I want to take a quick moment to thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.com! TripAdvisor reviews such as yours make our day, and let others see how great our West Omaha hotel is! Omaha has so many great places for people to stay, but just like you, we believe we are one of the best! Thank you for validating that. If I can be of assistance any time now or in the future just let me know!