“Problems”

Ranked #15 of 81 Hotels in Omaha
Edmond, Oklahoma
“Problems”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

The HVAC system is a disaster. I checked in the first night and the room is 76 degrees (100 outside) I'm on the west side with a room overlooking a giant air conditioner (no view otherwise for a silver honors member) I turn down the air and go to dinner expecting the room to be cooler when I got back. I come back and its still 76 degrees! I call down and a guy comes up and says the air conditioner has some sort of sensor that needs heat, or light or movement or something to click on. Ridiculous! The next night they have a reception but there is no notice in the room so I miss it! So, no reception, no view and the air isn't working again. I call down and let them know the issues. Well sir thanks for letting us know you're having a crappy time, so we can work on these things. No offer for anything - points, free meal, discount on the room - nothing! Well, glad I can tell you your hotel and service need work. I hope they fix it, but after two sleepless nights, I won't be back!

Room Tip: Room 218 looks at the giant hvac on the roof that won't cool your room. terrible view!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank r r
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha West, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Dear RR,

What a shame that we dropped the ball during your stay, Ron. Hopefully by now, you have heard from me personally to take care of this situation. I hope you know that, even after our guests check out, the team here at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha West care deeply about your stay and will do whatever we can to make it right! Please know this is not the typical service our guests receive at our wonderful hotel. If given another chance, you will see all our hotel, and our staff, have to offer. If there is anything I can do to earn that chance, please let me know.

In Service,

Kyle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Fort Calhoun, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

This place is a gem of a find out off of 180th. Very new property - everything was clean and shiny, customer service was very good. I did not eat any meals on site. You need a car to get around out here, but I have no issues staying here and commuting to downtown, or out to the regency area around 100th. Well worth a try, even if you are going downtown. If you have grown tired of the mostly aging downtown properties do yourself a favor and try this place

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank dave c
khighberg, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha West, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear Dave C,

Greetings from the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha West!

Dave, I want to take a quick moment to thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.com! TripAdvisor reviews such as yours make our day, and let others see how great our West Omaha hotel is! Omaha has so many great places for people to stay, but just like you, we believe we are one of the best! Thank you for validating that. If I can be of assistance any time now or in the future just let me know!

In Service,

Fayetteville, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

I stayed here for two nights while I was in Omaha to visit the zoo and some downtown sights. This hotel is about 20 minutes from the downtown area and located close to great shopping. Upon check in I was greeted and assisted in finding my HH number since I did not know it at the time I made the reservation. My room was clean and quiet with a comfortable bed. I had a great salad that I ordred from room service as I was exhausted after my first down of visiting downtown sites. My only complaint abut this room is that it was impossible to turn on the shower without geting my hair wet. So each time I took a shower I ended up having to wash my hair. Maybe just because I am short. A taller person might not have trouble reaching into the shower and turning it on. All staff that I encountered was extremely friendly. I was traveling alone and felt very safe on this property.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank ARSteph
khighberg, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha West, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear ARSteph,

Greetings from Omaha! I want to take a moment to sincerely THANK YOU for taking the opportunity to post a response on TripAdvisor. In our business, our guest's comments mean everything to us and our reputation. Having a delightful comment such as yours is so greatly appreciated.

That being said, so sorry to hear about the fact that you couldn't turn on the shower without getting your hair wet! Next time you are in town, come on down to the front desk and get a complimentary shower cap!

Thank you, again, for staying with us. I sincerely hope to see you again in the future!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

Great location for shopping, movies and access to hwy. Not really withing walking distance to the Town Center nearby, but value for the price makes staying here worth it. Very quiet location. Appear to be a brand new hotel. What you would normally expect from Hilton Garden Inn chain. Top notch.

Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Teebox6
khighberg, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha West, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Dear Teebox 6,

Greetings from West Omaha! Thank you so much for the review. I am sincerely happy that you were willing to write of your experience for all to see! Next time you are down from Minnesota, give us a call! We are starting the process of updating this hotel even further, and the results are going to be amazing! Thanks, again...

Kyle Highberg | General Manager
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

Spotless, well-appointed, decent-sized rooms with very comfortable beds.

The staff was tremendously flexible and friendly, particularly the manager, who was tremendously helpful in accommodating the difficult demands of our large group with multiple rooms.

Lobby is bright, comfortable, and spacious. Breakfast is good (although the continental option should be free!).

I wish all suburban hotels were this pleasant, well-run, and affordable.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Gru H
khighberg, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha West, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Dear Gru H.

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay! It is always great when we hear positive feedback from our guests. I want to thank you for sharing it on the web! Make sure you come back and see us sometime. We are in the process of starting a fantastic upgrade that will completely revitalize our guest experience! Thanks again!

Kyle Highberg
Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

We stayed here March 31st for 1 night. The hotel staff was wonderful. We found out at 11 pm that the AC was not working right in our room. The front desk manager came up right away and moved us across the hall. He offered to compensate us by offering a free movie and letting our boys get snacks at the pantry. This went above customer service. The hotel was clean and the room and beds comfortable. We ate at the breakfast buffet and had a great breakfast. We will defiantly be back to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Tiredofbeingcold
NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed here for a wedding, and the Hilton staff was wonderful at providing information on transportation (including a free shuttle), shopping, and other location attractions, and always friendly and quick with information. They also had delicious home made cookies available in the afternoon and early evening!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Bernie21NYC
Dear Bernie21NYC,

Thank you so much for your comments! It's nice when we see it, but I'm more thankful and appreciative that you would post this for EVERYONE to see! Our team at the Hilton Garden Inn is dedicated to making your stay terrific, and I am very happy to hear from you regarding your experience. Come back and see us soon!

Kyle Highberg