“Great Food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My boyfriend and I LOVE this place. It's his favorite Indian restaurant in Omaha, while I give a very slight edge to Jaipur for the location, ambiance, and Jalapeno Beer. Everything I have had has been great, though. A few standout items for me: mulligatawny soup, the vinegar salad dressing, veggie samosas, and vindaloo sauce. I have also tried the shrimp tikka and vegetable curry. Definitely go with the vindaloo if you like heat. Only reason for 4 stars instead of 5 is the lack of ambiance and the strip-mall location. If you're looking for delicious FOOD, however, this is the place!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

This is one of the top two Indian restaurants in town (the other being the newcomer, Curri). The food here is outstanding, the service is friendly and prompt, and they are trying to please the customer. A case in point at our last visit--I wanted tuna vindaloo, but my wife preferred shrimp. Since we generally split an entree (after mulligatawny soup for each of us and a side of dal, that is more than enough), they graciously honored our request and made it half and half.
The prices are modest, and the wine list matches well with the cuisine. A great place when you have Indian in mind.

1  Thank Jays911
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I travel to Omaha for work every few months and always look forward to eating here. The food is always very good and the wait staff very attentive. Our server tonight was a little timid at first but once we started asking questions he became comfortable with us. I dont understand those who left the negative reviews, there have never been any problems with anything at this restaurant.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

Out for lunch with friends and throughly enjoyed the meals we all tried. Nan selections all are so tasty and inexpensive. Salmon filet with rice and veggies is amazing! Pal and I shared the salmon and a nan stuffed with spinach/cheese and we where well satisfied. Service is good. Food is prepared to order but the wait is not too long. Allow a good hour for your entire dining.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

This restaurant has recently been redecorated, very pleasant ambiance now. Prompt and friendly servers; the food is well-described on the menu and the servers are great at answering any questions you might have before you decide. The best mulligatawny soup I've ever had. Their "vindaloo" dishes are very tasty in addition to being highly spiced. And their "biryani" dishes are chucked full of whatever meat/fish you have chosen for this rice dish. Not fancy...which is good! A great place to "come as you are" and enjoy some great authentic Indian food. Have never been disappointed, and recommend highly to friends and family!