“Loved it, but watch out for rude bikers..”

Chalco Hills Recreation Area
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Today we had a husky huddle and malamute mingle (H2M2) hike at Chalco Hills. We went around 10 in the morning to avoid a lot of traffic. It was amazing! The view was fabulous, the weather was decent, and we all had a good time. HOWEVER, there were some very rude people there. One man in particular sped past us on his bike not once, not twice, but four times. Never slowing down, never moving over, and never calling out to us to let us know he was coming. There were 5 dogs there, so it was not easy to drag them all out of the way at the last second. Also, a lot of people apparently don't know you are supposed to pick up your dogs poop, so watch out for that off the sides of the sidewalk. Other then that, I definitely recommend this place for a nice little getaway!

1  Thank Kelsey D
There are newer reviews for Chalco Hills Recreation Area

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We live very close to Chalco Hills Rec Area. I love to go out in the early mornings to take our dog for a walk. A few great paved trails to choose from depending on how far you want to go. Their is also mowed cross country trails available too. The boat launch parking lot & ramp are always clean and easy access for small fishing boats. A few good picnic areas with shelter for families that would like to go out to grill. Definitely a wonderful place to try.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Chalco HIlls has considerably less foot traffic than Lake Zorinsky and yet, I feel is a better option. there are a couple hills which add another cardio element if you are walking or biking around and the wildlife you see is plentiful at all times of the year! Its a great place to relax!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Great trails to ride on and go fishing. Less congested than some parks. I like to ride my bike on this one and there are plenty of trails to explore.

1  Thank Coacoamo12
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I try to walk the trails as often as possible. Only criticism is the interstate noise. Trails are always in good condition. Go early enough or at dusk and there I a chance you will happen upon a deer or two. I often see people fishing but don't know how great the fishing is.

1  Thank Peggy B