“For the past 45 years”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I have been eating at this Omaha institution since before I went to kindergarten. It may not appeal to everyone, but it is like part of our family.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

A small party room for our group was enjoyable. Everyone present seemed to enjoy their lunch and good conversation. My lunch was O.K. I had a polish hot sandwich with plenty of mashed potatoes and gravy. Many in our party had soup to begin their lunch. About 6 people had dessert.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

We passed this on our way to the hotel. It looked interesting. The soup was wonderful. My husband had the potato mushroom which he ate to the bottom (and he hates mushrooms). I had the liver dumpling. We both had the sweet & sour cabbage side (instead of sauerkraut). My husband ate all of his cabbage (which he also generally does not eat). The food was good but too heavy. I only needed half of it. We asked our waitress about the food but she apparently has no Czech background since she couldn't answer the most basic questions. We did it once. I wouldn't make a second special trip back.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Have eaten there off and on since 1950's and as recently as a few months ago. Trust the positive reviews; they are for real. Little has changed over the years; still in same family as founded it in 1920's. Old world, mostly Czech, food. Well prepared, well served, pleasant ambience and...dare I say, cheap. Can't beat sweet and sour cabbage, dumplings, rye bread, liver dumpling soup.... Roast duck is a specialty here and really ought to be tried. Since my father ate here in the 30's, we are carrying on happily.

1  Thank Birget
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Old style old fashioned delicious reasonable prices the dumplings are unreal the egg drop soup like my grandma made