“Great craft beers”

Wilson and Washburn
Ranked #40 of 1,379 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My husband and I stopped by here on July 4th after reading a review in the local newspaper. We were overall very happy with our visit. The decor is appropriately themed with the history of the space/name. The menu is brief, but we easily selected a couple things that looked interesting. I had an apricot ale with dinner that was light and just had a slight apricot flavor (which I enjoyed). My husband ordered a whiskey sour, that the staff struggled to make. The Reuben had actual chunks of meat, not deli sliced, which were moist and balanced the beet and kraut. The cheeseburger was juicy and delicious. Our waitress was laid back and friendly. We will definitely be going back.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

I visited on my own, hungry and thirsty and it made the perfect pit stop. Some excellent interesting new American beers on the menu and a delicious and generous Reuben sandwich. I wish we could get those in London! The barman was friendly and helpful, and I left hoping to return (with friends next time!).

A taxi driver recommended W&W to me, so its deserved reputation obviously precedes it. As Arnie once said, "I'll be back!"

1  Thank TK1London
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Okay, so they have 24 beers on tap. Already great!

It is in a rehabbed house of ill repute, fun! (Especially the antique photos on the walls.)

But, holy cow, you have to eat the beet burger! It is important to note I am NOT vegan (or vegetarian) and generally avoid vegan food as I find it uninteresting. But damn! That is one good vegan beet burger. I brought some guy friends here who are decidedly carnivores like me and they loved the beet burger too. They will make the Rueben with the beet patty if you ask.

The bread pudding is good too and the staff knows a lot about the beers on tap and are helpful when picking one (or more to indulge in).

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Neat place with a fun history and great craft beer. Stopped in for an afternoon drink after walking around the Old Market. Very hospitable staff.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

We went to Wilson and Washburn on a Sunday afternoon. It was quiet, and there were only a few other customers. I had a Cheeseburger, and my wife had the pulled pork sandwich, both of us choosing fries as the side. I was a bit disappointed when my burger arrived, as it looked a bit on the small side. However, looks were deceiving, and it filled me up...and tasted great. My wife commented that her pulled pork sandwich was just as good as my cheeseburger. The fries were plentiful, crispy, and tasted great. They had a large bar area, and although I didn't have a beer or drink while we were there, it appeared that they had a large selection of craft beers on tap, and plenty of choices for cocktails. I was not aware of the previous "use" of the building as others have mentioned in their reviews, but I found it appealing...the bare brick walls, high ceilings, industrial lighting, etc. It felt very cozy, yet they had a large loft area upstairs for private parties. All in all, I enjoyed my time here, enjoyed the food, and definitely will be back.

Been to Wilson and Washburn? Share your experiences!