“Great place...”

Wilson and Washburn
Ranked #41 of 1,399 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We went to Wilson and Washburn on a Sunday afternoon. It was quiet, and there were only a few other customers. I had a Cheeseburger, and my wife had the pulled pork sandwich, both of us choosing fries as the side. I was a bit disappointed when my burger arrived, as it looked a bit on the small side. However, looks were deceiving, and it filled me up...and tasted great. My wife commented that her pulled pork sandwich was just as good as my cheeseburger. The fries were plentiful, crispy, and tasted great. They had a large bar area, and although I didn't have a beer or drink while we were there, it appeared that they had a large selection of craft beers on tap, and plenty of choices for cocktails. I was not aware of the previous "use" of the building as others have mentioned in their reviews, but I found it appealing...the bare brick walls, high ceilings, industrial lighting, etc. It felt very cozy, yet they had a large loft area upstairs for private parties. All in all, I enjoyed my time here, enjoyed the food, and definitely will be back.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

This was our first time at the establishment since it was The Foundation. The decor is early brothel We had the fish and chips and it was amazing. A great selection of beers and knowledgeable staff.Our waitress, Marina, was well versed in the art of craft beers. The owners were on the floor chatting with customers. This is one of our new favorite places.

1  Thank Teresa H
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Since we have some vegetarian, they had really refreshing options. Plus a really good and different selections. The beet burger was awesome! I had the pulled pork also great, slaw had a curry flavor profile that I thought was fresh, a little more acid for me. Next door to my favorite second hand store " second chance". They have a wonderful second floor party room. Oh and the history of the place was really fun! Check it out

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Having been to W&W several times, it's time to chime in on this place. I've eaten there several times; the reuben and burger....both were GREAT. I couldn't disagree more with the "I could do better one block north" review. The service is always great, the beer selection is solid. The decor is right on, and the feel of the place is relaxing, but not boring. Go with a group or roll solo, I've done both, and look forward to headed back for another beverage or three!

1  Thank triplejayz
Reviewed November 27, 2013

This is a great place to stop in -either if you want to spend an evening visiting with friends, watching soccer games; or just stop over before or after a performance at the Holland Center or the Orpheum. The alcohol selection is vast and the food is awesome and very different to what you expect from a "Bar and Grill" .We were welcomed right at the door and seated immediately. The ambience is very cool and the staff very welcoming!

1  Thank HappyTravellerOmaha