“Decent food, but a little overrated”

Anthony's Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #113 of 1,366 Restaurants in Omaha
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 27, 2014

I am from Texas, so very few steakhouses are better than what we have. I was told that it was a must try while I was in town on business. I had the sirloin which had no flavor. I had to use steak sauce and if the steak is good I never need steak sauce. It was overpriced for average steak.

There are newer reviews for Anthony's Restaurant & Lounge

Reviewed June 13, 2014

I chose this restaurant because of it's location. I had read some reviews, and although they were mixed, I decided to give this a try.

I was seated right away. The service was good, and the food just so,so. I had a fish dish, with baked potato.

I would say this restaurant was just OK.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

I finally got the chance to stop by for lunch. It was a really good experience I thought I should share. I ate in the bar side of the place, called Ozone and was not disappointed. First of all, for a bar and grill, it was very clean and the servers were very friendly and knowledgeable. I normally ask what's good and most servers come back with "everything, but my server actually suggested a great lunch item, the Prime Sliders. They were a bit under seasoned, but the Au Jus and horseradish sauce made up for it. The price is reasonable for lunch and the atmosphere is very conducive to everything from casual business lunches to a quick bite of quality food.
To put it concisely, Anthony's knows how to do the steakhouse right.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

Ok, I wrote earlier about my experience at Omaha's Drover restaurant... I almost swore-off red meat for the entire trip. However, I was cajoled into giving Anthony's a shot by one of the people I work with. Boy, am I glad I did! Here's my experiences both (+) good and (-) bad:

+ There's a cow on the roof (I showed my wife the attached photo... She informed me it's a bull)

+ A wonderful woman welcomed me and sat me at a comfortable table.

+ The buss-girl came over and poured me water within 10-seconds of me sitting down... Wow!

+ The waitress came over within 1-minute and welcomed me, asked if this was my first time (I must stick out like a proverbial sore thumb), and gave me a few recommendations. She took my drink order and upon returning took my order... Fantastic!

+/- Cowboy Ribeye comes and is HUGE, but a little undercooked (I ordered it Medium - supposedly a warm pink center. It comes out Medium Rare/Rare... Not mooing, but not warm pink). It eats like sushi... so who cares!

- French fries are soggy... It's Ok, Doctor says I shouldn't eat them anyway (but I order them every time!)

+ Waitress checks in on me, asks if I want to have my steak cooked more, and is just really attentive. Again, FANTASTIC!

+ I pay my bill... It's over $20 less expensive to eat here than at the Drover (Better service/steaks...)

+++++ Elvis is in the Building! I almost forgot, in the lounge next door there is an Elvis impersonator singing his heart out and giving himself a hernia attempting to dance like the King. Perfect!

All in all, a great trip to Omaha saved by Anthony's!

Reviewed April 20, 2014

This restaurant did not live up to the hype. I ordered the ribs with a salad, mashed potatoes and the vegetable of the day was, carrots. The salad was doused in dressing (I neglected to ask for it on the side.). The potatoes were drowned in gravy which I did not expect and the ribs were laden with a sauce, otherwise, they had no flavor. The carrots were not worth serving. The server said that they would be sautéed, however, they tasted liked overly sweeten frozen boiled carrots. They were certainly not fresh vegetables. The wine was a good pour and the house cab was not bad. The bread was very good. The entrees came with a salad, and two sides so if all you are interested in is quantity you won't be disappointed. The quality of this meal was poor at best.

Been to Anthony's Restaurant & Lounge? Share your experiences!