“Decent food, good service, No ambiance”

Anthony's Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #107 of 1,356 Restaurants in Omaha
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
United States
“Decent food, good service, No ambiance”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We pulled into the parking lot and went to go in, they were closed for a private party. So we went back out to the car and found another place to eat, as we were leaving we noticed there was another restaurant there so we decided instead of driving downtown we could eat there. I wish we would have just left. We go in to find out that this other restaurant is actually Anthony's the place next door that was closed was just a ballroom. No telling how much business they have lost because of this bad design.

When we went in we were ignored, we were about to leave when someone decided they should do their job. We should have just left. We were seated at a very small table, (the size of a 2 person table at McDonalds) with 4 chairs around it. I would have asked for a bigger table or a booth but there were no booths and all the tables were the same size. When we got our food there was not enough room on the table so we had to start stacking dirty dishes on the table behind us

My advice go somewhere else, its not worth being cramped at a small table without enough room to eat, and paying a high price for average food.

• Visited June 2013

Kansas City, Missouri
“Dinner with a friend”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My friend recommended eating at Anthony's and I was SO pleased. My steak was excellent, perfectly done, and delicious.

Visited June 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Ewwwwww!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

What a poor excuse for a steak house. The meat is low quality. Service is fair, at best. There isn't any ambiance. Prices are way too high for the quality and quantity. You'd be better off going to McDonald's.

Birmingham, Alabama
“Pretty good if you want a good steak”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I picked Anthony's because it was close to where my mother & I were visiting. We wanted to a good, Omaha steak to celebrate her 70th birthday. The entrance area was confusing. We entered under an awning which said "Grand Ballroom". That was the wrong door and we had to walk through the restaurant to the hostess stand. My mother ordered a ribeye and I had the fillet. While we waited, a basket of bread was brought to us. Not impressed with the bread, it looked like a little more than loaf bread and despite being wrapped in a napkin, it wasn't remotely hot. I'm not sure it was ever hot. However, our meat was very good. I ordered a twice baked potato and some sauteed mushrooms with my meal. The potato was good and the mushrooms were awesome - it was a HUGE bowl. For dessert, my mother ordered the tirmisu and I had creme brulee. Both were to die for. The portions were very good, ambience was fair.

• Visited May 2013
Madison
“Didn't live up to it's reputation”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I was in Omaha recently on a business trip. Anthony's was recommended by a few people so I thought I'd try it. It was not impressive. The restaurant is old supper club style, which is not a big deal if the food would have been better. I had a fillet which was very average - sort of tough and dry, and scallops which were rubbery. I love scallops but had to leave half of them on the plate. They both lacked flavor.

Also an incident happened where a water glass was dropped near me and shattered. A few glass pieces hit my foot. The manager barely showed concern when he learned of it. I was not impressed with the customer service.

Visited May 2013