“Nice casual dining experience”

Spaghetti Works Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 1,361 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice casual dining experience”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Spaghetti Works was a favorite of my parents when they were in school in Omaha. Naturally, I had to test this place nearly 30 years on a recent visit to the city. They restaurant is located in a rustic area of town, filled with shops, eateries, and entertainment. Spaghetti Works maintains a lot of this motif, making for a nice atmosphere when you walk in. The menu has a great selection, but you don't travel a thousand miles to eat at a place called Spaghetti Works for the chicken fingers(though they may be good, I haven't tried). I settled on a nice chicken/pasta dish that was well prepared. Don't forget the salad bar. Overall, a nice casual atmosphere and good food. We had a nice experience here and would definitely come back!

• Visited May 2014

Olathe, Kansas
“Decent food, fun atmosphere”
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Having been spoiled with Italian food while going to school in St. Louis, I'm probably a bit on the tough side. We ate here on a Monday night, famished after having walked for hours at the amazing zoo. We arrived at approximately 5pm and there was no wait. Kids eat free on Mondays, so that was a nice surprise. The atmosphere was nice and they have a fun deck like patio to dine on outside should you choose. We order the appetizer sample, the mozzarella bites and ravioli were delicious, the bruschetta is Texas toast with a small bowl of tomatoes and mozzarella, the chicken fingers are run of the mill. It was a decent option for my husband and I dining with a 7 year old. It came quickly, which we appreciated. My husband ordered the hot Italian Pie and really enjoyed it, but did find it spicy. My son chose the kids order of spaghetti with meatball. Small bowl of spaghetti and a giant meatball, he loved it. I ordered Bowie pasta with 3 sauces: "naked" (olive oil, butter + seasoning), meat sauce and Alfredo. All 3 were fine, the Alfredo was our favorite. Another positive was the fact that all 3 meals included a salad bar, which was lovely and fresh. Our waitress was extremely kind and helpful, although I almost felt she was running so fast that I didn't have a chance to order an adult beverage, which I had wanted to get with my meal. This could actually be considered a compliment, she was busting her rump! All in all, it's a nice place to take a family. The area is wonderful and we enjoyed walking after our meal.

Visited July 2014
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great food, service, atmosphere, and value.”
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

My family and I really enjoyed our meal at the Spaghetti Works. The food and service were great. The salad bar that comes with every meal and unique atmosphere were an added bonus.

Visited July 2014
Harlan, Iowa
“rediscovering an old favorite”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

It had been years since I had been to the Old Market Spaghetti Works restaurant, and was very glad that the food was as good as I remember. If you are a pasta fan, it is so much fun choosing the form of pasta and so many different sauces. Beer, white sauce with clams, original sauce. All served with a great salad bar and garlic bread.
Don't forget to include a nice drink from the bar, or soft drink and dessert. The food it flavorful and filling, but it is the atmosphere that is the adds so much to the dining experience. Service was great, too and wait staff attentive without hovering. There is also outdoor seating available.

• Visited July 2014
Wichita
“Good Meal”
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

No complaints about the meal. The salad bar is plentiful & offers many choices, and there is a bar, or sodas & tea available. Two of us had spaghetti & enjoyed it. The other had penne pasta with beer-cheese sauce with grilled chicken...and he said it was delicious. The waitress was polite enough, and kept drinks filled and asked if we wanted seconds on the pasta (we were WAY too full for seconds). We were served 3 slices of garlic bread...one for each...and we might have enjoyed more but we didn't ask. We had to pay to park, and had to walk a bit to get here, but it was okay. Dinner was fine, and I recommend it.

Been to Spaghetti Works Restaurant? Share your experiences!