“Great Lunch”

Taqueria El Rey
Order Online
Ranked #364 of 1,631 Restaurants in Omaha
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is one of the better Mexican restaurants on 24th St. It is a stand alone location and has its own parking lot.
They were busy when I stopped in for lunch, but had plenty of staff on hand to keep things moving. The interior holds quite a few people and was very clean. The windows surrounding the dining area made the inside bright and festive. The staff stopped by my table numerous times throughout my visit to check on my meal and make sure I was satisfied. This level of service made Taqueria El Rey stand out from the other places.
I had ordered chicken enchiladas with rice and beans. Everything was delicious and the portion sizes were very filling. I loved the beans. Each table is served with chips and bean dip to accompany the meal. The red and green sauces both had great flavor, but the green sauce stood out. It tasted amazingly fresh like it was just made.
The prices were comparable to all of the other South O places I have eaten at. The level service was excellent and my food arrived quickly after ordering. They do have a drive thru available for those of you in a hurry. Well worth a visit for those of you searching for a great Mexican meal. I'll be back!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (14)

Reviewed May 2, 2019 via mobile

I took my family here for dinner. The place is small, but very family-friendly. We felt right at place. Wait staff was attentive and very friendly. Service was prompt. Food was OK. The street tacos were the best choice of all we got. I was not a fan of the green or Red sauce.Prices were fair.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed October 3, 2018

they used to have good tacos but now they dont even give you chips and salsa. they serve a miniature dish with beans and about 7 chips, everything else is extra. the steak was hard and over cooked. they have a surf and turf where they give you some over cooked steak and 3 tiny shrimp for the "surf" part. they do not give you water to drink and they make you purchase bottled water instead. if you order the extra pico de gallo is $2.25. service is not great with only 1 server and another one who runs between the register/drive thru and the main dining place. televisions are too loud

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 19, 2018

This place is perfect. You are served right away. Staff is very friendly and aware. You get complementary chips and beans. I had carne asada nachos and man were they good! If you are in Omaha and have not ate at this place yet, you are defintely missing out!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed March 25, 2018

I have eaten lunch here a few times. The food is always tasty, priced well, and fills me up. Can't wait to go back.

Date of visit: February 2018

Been to Taqueria El Rey? Share your experiences!