“Very good pizza!”

Ranked #966 of 1,351 Restaurants in Omaha
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
“Very good pizza!”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Nice place for family and food. The pizza is thin crust and the sauce is a bit spicy for kids. The pizza is delicious and there are TVs all over. It is a bit hard to access, but worth it!

• Visited October 2013

Omaha, Nebraska
“Great addition to Omaha...”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

OK - this is from a guy from Chicago so I have had my share of great pizza. Red's is the best all around family pizza place I have visited in the 21 years I have lived here in the Omaha area.

Good full bar - lots of TV's everywhere with the games and events on. Casual and informal decor that is great for families and anyone else. Music is a bit loud, but so are all the people. Bar has a happy hour and drink specials ( if you are at the bar ) . We got there early on a Friday night - 5:30 and by 6 the place was full. We left at 7:30 and there were many tables open..

The pizza - the ' house special ' - best sausage I have had on a pizza since arriving here. Honest clumps of meat , sweet with a lot of fennel. You can actually taste it - not like the little gray balls of mystery meat that almost every place in town serves. Sauce is good - I detect a touch of heat in it , good stuff. Crust was thin and crispy - not like wet cardboard as too many are. Toppings are all good and enough of them.

Overall, a very good pizza and we will for sure be back. For a twist , we also tried their crazy ' White castle ' pizza as well - with toppings like sauerkraut, pepper rings and pickles - LOL that was ok actually but I probably would not get that again. For starters we had the fried pickles ( OK ) and the ' pizza fries ' - that was like a little cheese pizza - good, but not what we expected.

Service - a bit slow, but a manager or owner who had asked how we liked the food apologized for the service as he had a server missing. Not a real problem as we felt were taken care of well enough.

• Visited August 2013