“What a great new hotel”

Hyatt Place Omaha Downtown Old Market
Ranked #8 of 83 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I stayed at this hotel on New Years Eve. This normally can be a difficult day and evening for most hotels, but not for the Hyatt Place.
We arrived from Chicago twenty minutes late, but as we powered on our phone, we received a text message from Richard, the shuttle driver, that he was aware we were late and was waiting for us outside the terminal. Checkin went quick. We arrived before 11 am and had no problem getting a room right away.

The hotel shuttle was flawless. Richard was an excellent driver. He took us to and from the airport, to Harrahs, the Horseshoe, and all over downtown. He recommended some great restaurants and bars, and by the end of our stay, was refusing our tips!

The hotel room was magnificent. The bathroom was spacious, and shower was tiled beautifully. The room and a large couch and a king size bed. Full directv was even provided! The complimentary wifi was fast. The breakfast in the morning was excellent and included many hot and cold options.

I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay!

Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank heyblueoc

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Stayed here one night in December 2013. I am not sure how old the hotel is but everything seems and feels brand new. My room had a great view. The room is a nice size and just what you would expect from a Hyatt Place. Parking is 10.00 extra but well worth it. The breakfast was very good as well. The location can't be beat. It's an easy & safe walk to anything in Old Town. The deal I got through Priceline made it that much better. I hope to stay here again on my next trip through.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I booked this hotel for my 30 birthday & my 6 year wedding anniversary over the weekend. First off when I checked in the lady gave me the wrong room even after we discussed what I had booked, when I went to correct it the Manager gal was very very rude. Which I didn't think anything of since that is how most customer service is. Well Saturday afternoon my husband I were getting intimate and the non English speaking maid came into our room even after we had the do not disturb sign and our door and when she was outside asking if we wanted it cleaned we were screaming NO.. Well she still entered, the front desk told me she doesn't speak English, sorry that is not an excuse at all. Then Saturday night there had to be about 10 people in the hallway hanging out until about 2-3 am, yes I know this is a downtown hotel but it was ridiculously loud!! So after getting no sleep Saturday evening we went down for an early breakfast at 7 am, the muffin/cheese biscuits looked like they had been sitting out for days, their lack of breakfast options were terrible. All I wanted was a banana, you could get grapefruit, yogurt, cereal & burnt waffles but not a banana. Last year we stayed at Embassy Suites in the old market and it was the best hotel I've stayed in in years, this Hyatt Place is one of the worst places I've stayed due to their service and lack there of. It was however a very clean hotel but I wouldn't expect any less considering it has only been open for 2 weeks.

Room Tip: Do not book anywhere but the Hyatt website or they can not guarantee you the room type you are booki...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michela W
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We just stayed here over the weekend for a school trip. This is a brand new hotel located in the Old Market district of Omaha. The staff was great and the hotel was clean and spacious (as it should be if it's new). The rooms included a refrigerator and pull out sofa bed. Breakfast included hot items such as breakfast sandwiches, biscuits & gravy and French toast. I was impressed by the fact that your room key was needed for either the elevator or the stairs and felt very safe. There is also a parking garage on site which is actually the 2nd through 5th floors of the hotel. The hotel also offers a shuttle service.

Room Tip: Be sure to shop and eat in the Old Market. There are unique shops and restaurants. We also saw ligh...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 21, 2013

perfectly located hotel in Omaha's Old Market area. Close to great shopping and restaurants. The check-in was smooth, rooms very spacious with a great view overlooking the Old Market. Breakfast was hot, fresh and not your "normal" comp breakfast items. Shuttle took us to the casino in Council Bluffs and pick up was quick and easy. Have stayed in many hotels in the downtown area and this is by far my favorite!!! Only complaint I have is the prices in the lobby bar. My husband had a gin and tonic and I a glass of wine and it was just shy of $20! A bit much but everything else was perfect.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2013

This is a new property in the Old Market area downtown. The staff was prompt and courteous and very eager to please. The lobby and common areas we inviting and the place was bustling. They recommended a good restaurant right down the street and the complimentary breakfast was perfect. The room we had turned out to be a handicap accessible room which I do not prefer but the room was roomy and nice. There was a high pitched noise that kept us up at night and we did inform the staff. I am sure it is part of the growing pains. I would go back for sure.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We were extremely pleased! The hotel was very clean. The parking was very convenient. Best of all the staff were amazing! My car would not start the morning of departure (because a dome light had been left on). The manager promptly worked to help resolve the problem. She asked Mike, the hotel's engineer, to help us. He was so kind to use his own vehicle to jump start my car. Who does that! We were on our way in no time! We were so grateful for the help. I will definitely stay there again! There customer service was outstanding. They really worked to ensure maximum customer satisfaction!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family