“Nice Casual Dining with Great Seafood” 4 of 5 bubbles

Charlie's On The Lake
Ranked #541 of 1,337 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New York City, New York
“Nice Casual Dining with Great Seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

We've been here several times and the seafood has been consistently fresh and well prepared. It's not gourmet, it's not fancy, but it's always an enjoyable experience with tasty food at great prices. I am from NY, which makes me picky and knowledgeable about seafood. Very picky. One not-so-fresh dish and I'll never return. It's one thing to have something that could taste better, but if a restaurant serves fish that is expiring, there is no excuse! But I digress. Charlie's serves a lot of food, including a complimentary salad and entire loaf of crusty bread that you take home in the provided sleeve, which is pictured here! Charlie's - I like it!!

Lawrenceville, Georgia
“Wish I lived in Omaha”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

We had lunch here nine months ago while visiting family and were impressed with the food, atmosphere, and service. During our recent visit, we were an adult family party of ten with no reservation on a Friday night at about 8:30 p.m. We were beautifully and quickly accomodated. Although they were sold out of their signature prime rib, five of us ordered the scallop special, which was one of the best scallop dishes I've ever had (a huge compliment to a land-locked restaurant!) with a garlic/parmesan cream sauce, mashed potato medallions, and an asparagus/green bean bundle. The wine list was small, but well-selected. Of the Chardonnays, they were out of the Franciscan and Clos du Bois (our first and second choices) but our third selection, Kendall Jackson, was available and wonderful, as expected. The service was beyond outstanding...seriously! I don't want to give away all of his secrets, but when you make a reservation, be sure to ask for Kevin. We lived in Omaha for five years thirty years ago. If we still lived there, this would be our go-to spot.

Omaha, Nebraska
“Stick With the Fish--Don't Eat the Enchilada”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Charlie's is popular local spot for seafood, and my wife's fish entrée was appealing, both in appearance and taste. The salads and bread were good, and the service friendly. Unfortunately, however, I made the mistake of accepting the server's opinion that the seafood enchilada was a customer favorite. As the menu promised, the enchilada was stuffed with shrimp and scallops. However, the large amount of onion and an astonishing mountain of cheese made it impossible to taste the seafood. The result was a cheesy mass the consistency of cardboard. I think Charlie's does a fine job with seafood, and I should have had the good sense to stuck with that. The enchilada was a disaster.

1 Thank prairiewolf
“Used To Like - Probably Won't Go Back”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

My wife and I used to love eating at Charlie's On The Lake. We had not been there in several years and decided to give it a try tonight. Although my prime rib was pretty good, my wife's mixed grill (i.e., fish) was terrible. The twice baked potato also wasn't very good. Our waitress was terrible - in the top 2 worst waitresses we have ever had. It became almost immediately clear that since we weren't drinking alcohol we weren't going to get good service.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank DinersDriveInns
Papillion, Nebraska
“Excellent Fish and Steaks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Charlie's is an Omaha favorite of mine. The servers are exceptional. They go out of their way to help. Ask for Russ if he is there, but they are all well trained and experienced. I have personally never had less than a good meal here, lunch or dinner. They have a good wine list and their bartender mixes a very good drink. The location is close to the Oak View Mall and Superior Honda. They have some very tasty appetizers. In short, Charlie's is a great place to eat lunch or dinner if you're in West Omaha. My personal favorite is the seafood enchiladas. On my last visit I had grilled walleye that was superb. The bartender does a great martini. Bon appetite! For privacy they have some booths in the bar where they have full service. It is quieter than the main dining area.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Been to Charlie's On The Lake? Share your experiences!