“Decent but not over the top”
Review of Charleston's

Charleston's
Ranked #44 of 1,351 Restaurants in Omaha
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Omaha
“Decent but not over the top”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I went to the West location for lunch with my boss. He has eaten at Charleston's before in other cities, I have only heard that it is suppose to be a pretty good place to eat and a little pricey. It's all relative. I found the prices to be comparable with other "higher-end" restaurants. We just got done golfing. He recommended several items to eat. We both had Reuben sandwiches with salads. I had a side of coleslaw and he had a baked potato. Both Reuben's had a pretty good portion of meat and sauerkraut. What I liked was that they put the Thousand Island dressing on the side so you can put as much or as little on it as you like. Jessica was our server. She was fantastic. We had just finished golfing so I was more thirsty than hungry. Jessica never let our glasses get empty! I don't know how busy she was or how busy the restaurant was, but I always saw Jessica walking around and never hesitated to check on us throughout our meal. I think my expectations were a little higher than my experience, but that was only based on what other people told me. But I'd be back if the situation was right. The service is what will take me back.

• Visited May 2014

Omaha, Nebraska
“We were never served!”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Cindy and I went there Easter Sunday at 1:00. We were greeted and seated quickly, and that was the end of the good stuff! We were informed our server would be David. We sat there totally ignored for about 5 minutes until another male server stopped by, and asked if anyone had taken our drink order. We told him no, and he was nice enough to do so. He brought our drinks out, and again we were informed our server would be David. After 10 more minutes of servers walking past us without a word, we realized that David must have been kidnapped by UFOs, I dropped $2 on the table for the iced tea, and we left. We drove 60 seconds away to Longhorn Steakhouse where they were more than happy to serve us. I cannot speak to the food quality since we never received anything at all! The three young ladies standing by the door did wish us a nice day as we left, so I guess our visit did end well!

• Visited April 2014
Logan, IA
“76th & Dodge Location”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I have eaten at this location 4 times. This 5th time, I had company from out of town so we all went there, total of 4 of us. I had noticed that it wasn't very crowded and at 5:30, that seemed normal. There were several wait staff around. However, we were seated in an area that the waitress had several times to attend to.
We ordered and one in our party ordered soup and salad. Her soup was brought out BEFORE her salad. The rest of us were sitting there and after awhile, I start looking around for our salads and next thing our entrée comes out. I look at the waitress and said, where were our salad? She acted dumbfounded like - oh, no one brought them? I thought - geeze, you have all these staffers and no one can bring out salad? So, we eat our entrée, she comes back and brings salads and said they were behind with the homemade rolls so they didn't bring the salads out when they should have. Lame excuse. Finally the manager came around and said he was sorry and so we were given free dessert. For me, I'm not interested in dessert, but we ordered 4 any way and sent some home with our guests. I did have the tilapia which was excellent. I think this was the worse visit I've ever had to a restaurant. My other visits to this location had been very good. I think with Longhorn across the street - this location needs to shape up or they'll close up.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Candy S
Dexter, New Mexico
“Charleston's is great”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I have dined at Charleston's at 80th and Dodge in Omaha three times. Each time has been better than the previous. The wine list is adequate, the food is always good and even when busy the kitchen seems to get the food to you in a timely manner. The waitstaff is superb, very attentive and friendly. I recommend Charleston's for a good and affordable weekday evening.

• Visited March 2014
omaha
“Saturday night out”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We frequent this place about 3 or 4 times a year. Have always been satisfied with the food. We have had both steaks and fish, both have been good.

Visited February 2014