“food average/service not that great”
Review of Piccolo Pete's Restaurant - CLOSED

Piccolo Pete's Restaurant
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 8, 2012

the food quality here is average at best. Quite honestly, it is just like other steak houses in the area minus the flair and customer service skills.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We dined here on a Sunday night. Probably a mistake as I am guessing, by the food quality, that the regular chef was not working. Four of the six people at our table were pleased with their food. For me, my filet was WAY undercooked, and had a very odd taste as if it had been heated in a microwave. I ate about half of it, was unhappy with how tasteless it was, and it made me sick to my stomach. The baked potato was delicious. The side of penne pasta was topped with marinara sauce that tasted burnt. My salad was a small bowl of lettuce, with a pepperoncini on top, COVERED in dressing. I mean absolutely slathered and swimming. The blue cheese dressing tasted good, but I would have preferred about a quart less dressing on it! The one person at our table ordered prime rib, rare, and it was cooked at least medium. Our waitress was very friendly. I enjoyed the ambiance as it was very quiet there. The place is gigantic, and had only a few tables seated, so that was kind of nice! I have been to Piccolo's twice, and cannot imagine a third visit in my future.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Had the best potato soup, maranara suace and Chicken Parmesan we have had anywhere. The prime rib was very good as well. The overall experience was very good and we recommend this restaurant to anyone. Great value. Only negative was our server forgot the appetizers and was slow at the end of the meal.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I ate at the bar on a business trip. Bar tender was a young guy and was great! The steak was very good. Busy all night. Warren Buffet was there the night I went - got to be good!

2  Thank Ben M
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I love restaurants like this, an Omaha staple since 1929. It was recommended by a friend who lives in Omaha and knows the restaurant seen very well. I wanted a great steak, but at a fare price, and that can be a challenge at times. I had the T-Bone and it was perfect, everything else was spot on. Great food and great price!

3  Thank travelnow39