TripAdvisor

“Worst service in town.”

Lighthouse Bar & Grill
Ranked #969 of 1,633 Restaurants in Omaha
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went there because on Saturday Angus was closed. We waited for almost 20 minutes and no waiter went to the table. Like the table behind us, we left the place.
If you in a hurry, try another place.

Date of visit: October 2019
Write a reviewReviews (12)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

One of our regular places for wings and drinks. Great bar food. Good friendly service. The place can be noisy at times. But always a great atmosphere.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed July 13, 2019 via mobile

We have been going to light house regularly for over a year now. It’s a great little dive bar. We love the friendly staff and the drinks. The bar food is ok. Would be great if the owner can fix the ventilation so you don’t leave the place smelling greasy. All in all, it’s a great place we will continue to visit this bar.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 20, 2018

My husband and I wanted to head out for a burger and beer. We sat for at least 15 minutes before anyone acknowledged that we were there. We got beer and menus, then nothing else. We waited 30 minutes, then paid for our beer and went to Growlers up the street, where we were given water and our food arrived within minutes. We had never been there before, and we will never go back.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 6, 2018

This was honestly, the worst restaurant I've been to in Omaha. The place was very conveniently located by my home and was not busy, so I thought I'd stop in with my family. The food was below average and the service was even worse. The "awesome bites" had a great description, but when they were served, it was apparent that they were prepackaged and frozen. The onion rings were too large at nearly 1.5 inches wide and the batter was mushy and lacked even basic seasoning (salt). I ordered the "insane" wings as wings were on their happy hour menu. The wings that I received were very spicy as expected, but the overwhelming flavor was essentially a mouth full of chili powder. Not chili peppers, but chili powder. Like the 99 cent stuff you buy at the grocery store. They simply were not good. I expressed my dislike of the wings to the waitress who then offered to replace them with something else. I ordered another set of wings in their place. When the check came, I was charged for both sets of wings. I explained to the waitress that I was under the impression that as she offered to send them back that I would not be charged for the first set and felt they should be comped, as I ate a single wing before sending them back. The waitress offered to speak with the manager to take them off. Ultimately the manager was unwilling to remove a 6 dollar order of wings. I expressed my displeasure, but the result was still the same. While frozen, prepackaged appetizers and bland onion rings can be par for the course at many sports bars, the unwillingness to fix a problem is the largest complaint. The bill for my family of 4 came to about 65 dollars, so the 6 dollar order of wings was not a large expense. 6 dollars cost them a customer, multiple bad reviews, and very negative word of mouth advertising. This says more about their business to me than the food ever could.

Date of visit: July 2018