Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area
Ranked #1 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed August 2, 2014

We chose this hotel b/c it was near Old Market. We discovered there were closer hotels but I doubt they could have provided a better stay. The room was sleek, modern, very different from the usual generic hotel chain styling. The bath room size, fixtures and lighting were eye catching and cool, especially the shower. The bed was unusually comfortable. This did not feel like a mid price hotel. We were traveling with lots of luggage and were dismayed at first with the lack of free floor space to stash our bags. But on closer examination we found a number of nooks and shelves on which to stuff our things and realized we ended up having less clutter than we had staying at other hotels on this trip. I used the fitness center which is in the basement. Sounds strange but actually is ideal. I didn't have to walk thru the public areas in my workout clothes, I just got on the elevator and took it to the basement where they had the fitness center as well as an entertainment room and bathrooms.
This was a very nice stay. I was put off at first by the valet parking, $15/day, but it worked out well. I would call for the car, drift down later, pick up the keys at the desk and off we went.
I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014
Kyle H, General Manager at Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Dear MikeandWilla...thanks for the great review on TripAdvisor.com! I am so delighted you enjoyed your experience with us. Thank you for the kind words regarding the hotel we have built. I agree, there are many nooks and crannies that make it much like a home and less like a hotel, and that's what we love about the Residence Inn! Thanks for the recommendation, and we certainly hope to see you again soon! All the Best -

Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very nice. The room I had had a full kitchen couch, desk, and probably a 46 inch TV. The bathroom was very nice with a very large walk-in shower. It was decorated very modern. The breakfast in the morning was very good. They had hot eggs, meat, oatmeal, waffles, pastries, fruit, and yogurt. Highly recommend.

Stayed: July 2014
Kyle H, General Manager at Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Dear kwgoes...thank you so much for the review on TripAdvisor.com! We are delighted you enjoyed your experience, and sincerely hope to see you again in the future! All the Best -

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Bottom line…if you are in Omaha, stay at this hotel. We had a 1 bedroom suite with a huge bedroom and a super comfy king bed, a decent sized living room and then a kitchen with a full sized fridge, dishwasher and stovetop (no oven). There's also a shared outdoor area with comfy seating, a fire pit and a grill you can use. Seriously, loved this place. The staff was so nice, always ready to help and greet us. It was our first time in Omaha so they gave us a map and tips on where to go and offered up their shuttle service. Free, hot breakfast is solid and a good way to start the day. Parking is sort of an issue and the valet is $15 but the meters around the hotel are free on Fridays after 5pm through Monday at 8:30am. We had two cars and had no problem finding spots and even used one car throughout the weekend and still found a spot upon returning to the hotel. This is the way to go to save some money on parking.
I can't say enough about this hotel. It's small enough to where you rarely wait for the elevator and we didn't have any issues with noise or anything from other guests or people hearing us. And there's free HBO and Wifi. Good stuff. I wish all hotels were like this. Many thanks to the Residence Inn Downtown Omaha staff and owners for making our trip to Omaha even more awesome.

Room Tip: We were on 4th floor, corner. There are windows in both the living room and bedroom this way. AC w...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank mln3355
Kyle H, General Manager at Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Dear min3355...what a review on TripAdvisor.com! We certainly appreciate the glowing review and the kind words on our staff and accommodations. While we are very proud of the product we have here at the Residence Inn, we are even more thrilled when guests are delighted by the service we offer, as well as the overall experience they have. I'm so happy you were able to experience both! Come back and see us soon!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I really like this hotel. It was very clean and close to everywhere I needed to be. The room had a nice kitchen area with a full size fridge! The free wi-fi, as always, is a plus! My only complaint is the front security guy could have been a little more courteous to me when I went to go meet my guest downstairs. He was not too friendly when I asked him if they were not allowed after certain hours, yes it was late, like midnight but I don't turn in early. I like to go see the night life and visit friends in the area. Also, they offer breakfast but I didn't make it, given that I was out late but I'm sure it was good. I will be back!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Eluid A
Kyle H, General Manager at Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear Eluid...thanks for the wonderful review on TripAdvisor.com! I certainly appreciate your comments regarding our hotel, and definitely hope to see you again in the future! All the Best -

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed three nights at the Residence Inn downtown and found it to be a convenient base for our sightseeing while we attended a wedding in town. The shuttle drivers got us out to the zoo, the Lauritzen Gardens and evening ice cream in the Old Market, not to mention to and from the airport, so we did pretty well without a car. The room was comfortable and clean and pretty quiet. the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast had something for everyone, but is pretty typical of a Residence Inn. We were particularly impressed with the friendly staff, some of whom knew quite a bit about local sites and restaurants. One important note, ther are no room safes, though the staff will lock up small valuables at the front desk if needed. If the hotel wanted to make an improvement, a safe and a make-up mirror would be nice.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear biarritz99...thanks for the review on TripAdvisor.com! We love it when guests will tell stories about their experience at our hotel, and even tell more about our staff! Our team does so much each and every day to serve our guests, and I'm delighted you were able to receive that kind of service. Thanks again, and we'll see you soon!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

When we arrived in downtown Omaha, after 14 hours of traveling, we were ready to rest. The only downside we found to this hotel was the parking. They did offer valet parking for $15/night, but I didn't want to pay that much, even for one night. I'm not stingy, just practical. We were told parking on the street was free, between 8am and 6pm. We parked at a meter and didn't have any trouble at all. I had checked the hotel on a site that graded hotels for safety and this one ranked high on the list for safety and that was a factor because we were two women traveling. When you first enter the hotel, you think you must have walked into the wrong one because it looks like a luxury hotel. Marble walls, professionally dressed staff, immediate service, it was great especially after our long drive. We were given tips for places to see while we were there. They had a business center that was free to use, including printing some paperwork for our next day's travel. There was a spotless fitness center with fresh towels and very well maintained machines. The room was like a penthouse loft. Everything was tastefully decorated and plenty of room. The bathroom was clean and roomy. Light cancelling curtains, made it easy for us to get much needed sleep. I didn't hear a peep all night from anywhere, upstairs, below us or even in the hall. I will stay here anytime I am traveling through Omaha.

Room Tip: I don't think there could be a bad choice.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank oceangrlz

Dear oceangrlz...what a review! I sincerely appreciate your thoughts and words regarding your experience here at the Residence Inn! I'm delighted that you found us the way you did, as we do a lot to keep our guests and team members safe! Come back soon!

Reviewed July 21, 2014

This is a fairly new property located very near the old market with over 30 bars and restaurants nearby. The staff is especially friendly and helpful. The only glitch that seems to be worked out is valet parking for which they charge $15 per night. We didn't ask about other alternatives. When we travel overseas we almost always stay in five star properties but on a road trip in the US we choose Residence Inns: they take pets, the bathroom facilities are uncomplicated, plenty of plug ins, easy to operate light fixtures, good kitchens (which we don't use very often), accommodating staffs, good breakfasts and sometimes manager cocktail hours or barbecues during the week.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Mercant700...thanks for the review on TripAdvisor.com! I'm delighted to have read about your experience, and welcome you to come back any time! All the Best -