“Amazing Hotel with even more AMAZING staff”

Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area
Ranked #1 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed March 12, 2014

This is my first trip advisor review, but I felt compelled to share our absolutely wonderful experience at this hotel. The staff was INCREDIBLE, taking the time to explain the history of the hotel, showing us the hidden treasures that were found buried in rooms during the renovation (it was a former federal building) for example, an amazing restored "Most Wanted" picture from the 1930's. The hotel itself was beautiful, clean, with the added perks that it kept part of the former federal building, the vaults, part of the flooring...it was really cool learning the history behind it. The breakfast bar (yummy waffles, plus lots of other great stuff) was fabulous. The very best part of the stay was the STAFF. We stayed two nights and by the end of the trip we felt like we were leaving friends instead of employees, and were sad to go. We had previously booked another less expensive hotel for the night of the One Republic concert in July, but decided to change our reservations and pay the few extra bucks to stay here again. We even insisted certain staff members schedule their shifts when we are there :) I don't want to leave anyone out because everyone we met was great, but I want to give special shout outs to: LAUREN: , the front desk girl both nights we were there. She toured us, took the time to give us the hotel history, and was genuinely friendly. I never saw her without a smile on her face. She radiated joy. TOM: Valet parker/Shuttle driver. Tom was great! So personable with such a good head on his shoulders for his young age. He went above and beyond, suggesting local hot spots, and even when he was surrounded with patrons needing attention, I never saw him become impatient or stressed. Truly nice guy. JASON: Another valet and shuttle driver. Very nice as well, helpful, courteous. SOPHIE: She was working the front desk the day we checked out, and in a short time we connected with her as well. I tell you, these people are friendly! She snapped some pictures of us, listened to us ramble about what a great weekend we had, with a smile on her face the entire time. I could write so much more, but I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I have not one negative word to say. I am SO looking forward to returning in July, and may find an excuse to get back sooner. Check this gem out people. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: We just happened to be on the top floor, and the view of downtown was nice. Not a big deal, but it w...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laurie B
Kyle H, General Manager at Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Dear Laurie B...thank you so much for the review! We definitely take pleasure in knowing our guests have enjoyed their experience, and especially love sharing these stories with our team. On behalf of Lauren, Sophie, Jason, and Tom, we thank you sincerely for the kind words about our hotel and our team. We certainly look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Omaha!

All the Best -

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Stayed 4 nights while my father was in the hospital. The room was excellent--spotless, in excellent condition. We had a small suite with a nice small kitchen, again very suitable. The breakfast was varied and very tasty. The real bonus was the staff--every single person we met was very friendly and went above expectation to be helpful to my mother and I. I would definitely stay there again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Kyle H, General Manager at Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear GloriaB...thank you so much for the review! I'm very happy to hear that you had a great experience, and wish you and your family all the best. Thanks for entrusting your lodging needs with us, and we hope to serve you again in the future! Regards -

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I had a quick trip to Omaha and the Residence Inn Downtown came recommended as it was a new hotel that was close to the office that I was visiting. Turns out this hotel is in an old Federal building that was rehab'd and has tons of character!!! The staff is equally full of character, was very welcoming and went out of their way to make sure my stay was enjoyable.

It appears that I will need to return to Omaha a couple of more times for business in the near future and I will stay here, even if I have to drive a bit to get the office I'm visiting. In fact, I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else when I return to Omaha. I can't recommend the facility or the staff enough.

Room Tip: The one bedroom corner rooms are very nice and spacious.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Kyle H, General Manager at Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear Daniel...what a review! It was so great to read about your experience on TripAdvisor, and I thank you so much for the kind words. Your review is EXACTLY what we are going for here...telling the story of the Omaha Federal Building, and providing excellent accomodations and great service. I certainly look forward to seeing you in the future! All the Best -

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I would definitely try to stay here again, the breakfast was great. There were many great accommodations and options with breakfast items. Everything was very much appreciated and the help was warm and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear geeeezy...thanks for the comments on TripAdvisor.com! Warm and helpful. That's how you described our team members here, and I certainly appreciate those kind words. Thanks again, and we hope to see you here soon! All the Best -

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Being close to the airport. Complimentary shuttle to airport. This is an excellent place for a first night with the new wife. Kyle and Sofia were very accommodating. Great stylish rooms. Will definitely be staying here again!!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Huefman
Kyle H, General Manager at Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear Huefman...thank you for the review! We are so delighted you enjoyed your experience with us, and so happy to hear you'll be back! We certainly look forward to it! All the Best -

Reviewed February 25, 2014

My daughter and I recently were in Omaha for a dance competition. We had a reservation at another hotel in the area but when we arrived it was not a place we felt comfortable staying. We called a couple places and found Residence Inn Omaha Downtown. I cannot say enough positive things about this place!! It was a Friday evening and the front desk staff took such great care of us! Courtney and Lauren were friendly, courteous, funny, happy, seemed to genuinely enjoy their jobs not to mention had a room for us that was clean, neat, tastefully decorated and available. The doorman/valet (unfortunately, I didn't get his name) was so helpful and polite and also seemed to enjoy his job. We took advantage of the breakfast the next morning and were more than satisfied with the quality and quantity of food available. When we stay in Omaha again, there will be no other options--we will be back and highly recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank LJMmom
Kyle H, General Manager at Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear LJMmom...thank you for the glowing review! We are certainly happy that you enjoyed your experience, and were pleased with what makes our hotel unique...our team! I certainly hope next time you are in Omaha you'll choose us. We look forward to serving you again! All the Best -

Reviewed February 22, 2014

I am currently staying in a modern one bedroom suite in a 3rd floor corner unit of this nicely renovated Federal building. The room consists of a kitchenette with full fridge, small cooktop, microwave and small dishwasher. All ample to store and heat up simple food for a family. There is a sign saying the staff can get groceries for you but I didn't try that. If staying again I likely would take advantage of that because there doesn't seem to be a grocery store in walking distance.

What's good? The staff. Courtney at the front desk is one of the nicest front desk staff I have ever encountered while traveling. She took me in and made me feel like I was home. She offered many suggestions for places to eat and shop in Omaha and took the time to get to know me and why I was here.

What's not so good? There is no room service or pool here. There is a small market place where you can buy snacks, a frozen meal and a plastic bottle of wine or beer. So again, if you are traveling with family and bringing stuff that may not be an issue for you as you do have a small kitchen. I was sort of stuck in the room and not having room service or a pool/jacuzzi stood out.

Housekeeping had something to be desired. The lamp above my bed was so dusty and my bed duvet had hair on it.

The big problem for me though is the street noise. Thank goodness Omaha is a sleepy downtown because I heard everything that happened on the street both nights and I am not a light sleeper.

One other frustrating thing is the valet who was never out there ( $15 per day up charge). Once I learned I could just leave the car out there and give the keys to Courtney I was good but not knowing that the first night was frustrating.

There was a big HS wrestling match in Omaha this weekend and I bet this hotel was great for those families because the rooms have plenty of space, the kitchen would be just enough and it is very close to Century Link. If traveling on business or visiting someone at Creighton again I would likely opt for a hotel with room service and a pool but I would miss Courtney.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Barb L
Kyle H, General Manager at Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear Barb L...thank you so much for the review, and for the glowing sentiments about Courtney, our Guest Experience Manager. It is such a privilege to have her as part of our team because she genuinely cares about our guests...every single one. I'm so happy that you agree. I thank you for the critique as well...it always helps us to do better and better each day. Thank you for that, and I sincerely hope you'll visit again in the future! All the Best -