“This place is awesome and the staff are incredible!”

Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area
Ranked #1 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Connersville, Indiana
“This place is awesome and the staff are incredible!”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I had a quick trip to Omaha and the Residence Inn Downtown came recommended as it was a new hotel that was close to the office that I was visiting. Turns out this hotel is in an old Federal building that was rehab'd and has tons of character!!! The staff is equally full of character, was very welcoming and went out of their way to make sure my stay was enjoyable.

It appears that I will need to return to Omaha a couple of more times for business in the near future and I will stay here, even if I have to drive a bit to get the office I'm visiting. In fact, I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else when I return to Omaha. I can't recommend the facility or the staff enough.

Room Tip: The one bedroom corner rooms are very nice and spacious.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Kyle H, General Manager at Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Daniel...what a review! It was so great to read about your experience on TripAdvisor, and I thank you so much for the kind words. Your review is EXACTLY what we are going for here...telling the story of the Omaha Federal Building, and providing excellent accomodations and great service. I certainly look forward to seeing you in the future! All the Best -

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I would definitely try to stay here again, the breakfast was great. There were many great accommodations and options with breakfast items. Everything was very much appreciated and the help was warm and helpful.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear geeeezy...thanks for the comments on TripAdvisor.com! Warm and helpful. That's how you described our team members here, and I certainly appreciate those kind words. Thanks again, and we hope to see you here soon! All the Best -
Eustis, Nebraska
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Being close to the airport. Complimentary shuttle to airport. This is an excellent place for a first night with the new wife. Kyle and Sofia were very accommodating. Great stylish rooms. Will definitely be staying here again!!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Huefman
Kyle H, General Manager at Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Huefman...thank you for the review! We are so delighted you enjoyed your experience with us, and so happy to hear you'll be back! We certainly look forward to it! All the Best -
Holton, Kansas
Reviewed February 25, 2014

My daughter and I recently were in Omaha for a dance competition. We had a reservation at another hotel in the area but when we arrived it was not a place we felt comfortable staying. We called a couple places and found Residence Inn Omaha Downtown. I cannot say enough positive things about this place!! It was a Friday evening and the front desk staff took such great care of us! Courtney and Lauren were friendly, courteous, funny, happy, seemed to genuinely enjoy their jobs not to mention had a room for us that was clean, neat, tastefully decorated and available. The doorman/valet (unfortunately, I didn't get his name) was so helpful and polite and also seemed to enjoy his job. We took advantage of the breakfast the next morning and were more than satisfied with the quality and quantity of food available. When we stay in Omaha again, there will be no other options--we will be back and highly recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank LJMmom
Kyle H, General Manager at Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear LJMmom...thank you for the glowing review! We are certainly happy that you enjoyed your experience, and were pleased with what makes our hotel unique...our team! I certainly hope next time you are in Omaha you'll choose us. We look forward to serving you again! All the Best -
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

I am currently staying in a modern one bedroom suite in a 3rd floor corner unit of this nicely renovated Federal building. The room consists of a kitchenette with full fridge, small cooktop, microwave and small dishwasher. All ample to store and heat up simple food for a family. There is a sign saying the staff can get groceries for you but I didn't try that. If staying again I likely would take advantage of that because there doesn't seem to be a grocery store in walking distance.

What's good? The staff. Courtney at the front desk is one of the nicest front desk staff I have ever encountered while traveling. She took me in and made me feel like I was home. She offered many suggestions for places to eat and shop in Omaha and took the time to get to know me and why I was here.

What's not so good? There is no room service or pool here. There is a small market place where you can buy snacks, a frozen meal and a plastic bottle of wine or beer. So again, if you are traveling with family and bringing stuff that may not be an issue for you as you do have a small kitchen. I was sort of stuck in the room and not having room service or a pool/jacuzzi stood out.

Housekeeping had something to be desired. The lamp above my bed was so dusty and my bed duvet had hair on it.

The big problem for me though is the street noise. Thank goodness Omaha is a sleepy downtown because I heard everything that happened on the street both nights and I am not a light sleeper.

One other frustrating thing is the valet who was never out there ( $15 per day up charge). Once I learned I could just leave the car out there and give the keys to Courtney I was good but not knowing that the first night was frustrating.

There was a big HS wrestling match in Omaha this weekend and I bet this hotel was great for those families because the rooms have plenty of space, the kitchen would be just enough and it is very close to Century Link. If traveling on business or visiting someone at Creighton again I would likely opt for a hotel with room service and a pool but I would miss Courtney.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Barb L
Kyle H, General Manager at Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Barb L...thank you so much for the review, and for the glowing sentiments about Courtney, our Guest Experience Manager. It is such a privilege to have her as part of our team because she genuinely cares about our guests...every single one. I'm so happy that you agree. I thank you for the critique as well...it always helps us to do better and better each day. Thank you for that, and I sincerely hope you'll visit again in the future! All the Best -
Benson, Minnesota
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We recently stayed at the Residence Inn for a concert we were attending at the CenturyLink Center. What a great place! The van driver dropped us off right at our restaurant and picked us up again after the concert. The van was supposed to be done at 11, but the concert went to 11:15 and they there to pick us up. The employees were top-notch and very personable- from the front desk to the valet parking to the breakfast room. We stayed in a two bedroom suite that was like a small apartment. Our girls thought they could just live there. We would definitely stay here again! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank horsemom_4
Dear horsemom_4...thank you for the review! We certainly strive to make each guest feel welcome, all the time, while at the Residence Inn Omaha Downtown. I am so pleased you enjoyed your experience with us, and invite you back anytime in the future! All the Best -
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here and wrote a review back in October. The hotel had just opened and I commented on what a great new option for Omaha. Well I have stayed here around ten more times since then and felt compelled to write a new review. Typically the newness wears off and you may experience stays that are not quite up to the original. That is not the case here at the Residence Inn. The rooms are still fantastic and the building has that unique charm. But I've figured out why what sets it apart. It's the people. First of all Kyle does an amazing job and has hired a top notch staff. Courtney and Lauren at check in are the best. They have such bubbly personalities and as I mentioned to them I have never had conversations and relationships with Marriott employees until now. Isa works in the Breakfast/ evening social area and is outstanding. I looked up his name and it means Jesus in English. You can tell this man was brought up with a loving heart because he cares so much about what he is doing. As a Christian I know why I thought so much of him before I knew his name. Thank you for giving me a place to stay, away from home, that makes me feel like I am home!

Stayed February 2014
Kyle H, General Manager at Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Tanner...I don't even know what to say. In all honesty, words cannot explain my appreciation for what this means to me and my team. I brought Isa into my office to read this to him and he was nearly brought to tears. I think what's unique, like you said, is that we care. And we do. Thanks again, and I can't wait to see you again! All the Best, Tanner -