“My hubby went oyster crazy!”

Plank Seafood Provisions
Ranked #6 of 1,339 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Plank is a coastally-inspired oyster bar and seafood grill in Omaha, Nebraska. Thoughtful service, notable flavors, and social moments found here.
Sioux City, Iowa
“My hubby went oyster crazy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

My husband and I were in Italy in the spring of 2013 and tried oysters in Sicily for the first time. They were amazing. Since then, the Plank is the first restaurant stateside that we've had good oysters. My husband liked them so much that he wanted to go back the second day to have some more! I had the trout and it was one of the best trout dishes I've eaten. The place is fairly small, though, and busy, so make reservations if you can!

1 Thank nickolasandsara

Indianola, Iowa
“Nice atmosphere, pretty good meal!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

My fiance and I have similar tastes, and like to split everything we order so we get more variety. At Plank, we ordered the baked oysters Rockefeller, smoked salmon cobb salad, and wood-grilled grouper. All were very good. I am giving them less than 5 stars because our salad and grouper arrived together just as we were enjoying the oysters! We should have just moved to our fish at that point, because it continued cooking and was not as succulent as it might have been, but it was tasty nonetheless. Portions are modest, so we were still a bit hungry after our meals and decided on dessert, and that was the high point! A large piece of warm banana bread pudding, lightly drizzled with caramel sauce, and topped with a scoop of homemade ice cream, really topped things off.
Staff was very friendly!

1 Thank luv2snkl
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice & warm... on a cold Sunday evening!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

In The Old Market area of downtown, most hotels will shuttle uuyou to this really neat establishment. And for NE, we had some of the best, freshest oysters imaginable in Omaha!
Plank Salmon was superb entre and just a great, non0-hurried service dining experience!

Of course, good company helped but we both enjoyed Plank immensely !

1 Thank chuckclowdis
Bellevue, Nebraska
“Food poisoning!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

I joined some of my girl friends out to eat for Plank. I had previously loved the place but my recent visitation yielded a bad case of stomach cramps and diarrhea within 4 hours after eating there! I would be highly speculative on how they prepare their food as this should not happen at such a high profile restaurant!

• Visited January 2014
5 Thank SharonJacksonSmith
FlagshipRestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Plank Seafood Provisions, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Hi Sharon, We take food handling very seriously, and engage in a series of daily procedures to ensure we meet all the standards and more. We will follow-up with you privately to learn more about your visit.
Kansas City, Kansas
“Very good food/ great location/ fresh decor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

Great seafood in Omaha was not in our plans, but we were able to get into this hip, modern restaurant on a busy night. The service was fast, friendly and professional. The food was great- fresh seafood, cooked properly, with the right mix of original and traditional styles of preparation. There was a wide enough range of prices for everyone. Even the bar was well stocked!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank JonSimonsen

Been to Plank Seafood Provisions? Share your experiences!