“Long on Atmosphere, Short on Taste”

Plank Seafood Provisions
Ranked #6 of 1,343 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Plank is a coastally-inspired oyster bar and seafood grill in Omaha, Nebraska. Thoughtful service, notable flavors, and social moments found here.
Omaha, Nebraska
“Long on Atmosphere, Short on Taste”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

This relatively new Old Market seafood restaurant is very nicely designed, with a fun, nautical atmosphere, and a large outdoor seating area. Service was friendly on the evening of our visit. But the kitchen didn't seem to know what it was doing on about half of the items we ordered. The oysters were excellent. Everything else was mediocre at best.
Maybe it will improve with time. I hope so, or this seafood place will quickly run aground.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank barbqbill
FlagshipRestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Plank Seafood Provisions, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thanks for your feedback! I will reach out to you privately about your experience with items from the kitchen. Best, Megan

“Fantastic!”
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Went on a Thursday night, not too busy, server was great, and the food... Omg the food. So good. Portions are manageable here, if your looking for a 4lb. Burger and another 1lb of sides, this isn't for you. But, if your looking for delicious, well prepared seafood this place is great. We ordered wood fired artichokes and wood fired oysters for our starters/ filet mignon and wood fired oysters as the main meal. All of which came out beautifully. We ended it off with bananas foster bread pudding. DO NOT SKIP THIS! By far, the BEST dessert I've ever had. It was a little pricey at $102 for both of us, but at with 3 beers as well it was worth it in our opinion. Definitely will return! P.s. As a graphic designer, I was in love with their menus and decor. Easiest menu to read with simple but well fitting graphics.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Leah R
Kearney, Nebraska
“great seafood in the plains”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Went for lunch and had a wonderful meal! My husband and I both started out with a bowl of their lobster bisque... it was AWESOME. I had the albacore sliders for my main meal and my husband had the crispy oysters. My sliders were incredibly tasty - there came two to the dish, but I could only eat one as they were pretty hefty. My husbands oysters were also good, but I really enjoyed the coleslaw that was included with his order.
Our service was great - our waitress was incredibly friendly and helpful. She went out of our way to answer questions and help us find directions for an appointment we had.
Nebraska isn't known for their amazing seafood... and I typically don't eat much seafood unless I'm on the coast, but Plank does it right and we will return!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Danell_11
Stromsburg, Nebraska, United States
“Will Be Back”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Great good and outstanding service! Scallops specialty entree and pan fried grouper are worth driving two hours back to the Old Market Plank for.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Brian B
Omaha, NE
“Can't wait to return!”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We'd been meaning to go to Plank since it opened, but didn't get around to it until tonight. We're kicking ourselves for not eating at Plank sooner. The service was good (could've been a bit faster, but not a big deal) and the food was delicious. It seemed like we tried one of everything and each dish was better than the one before. We had oysters, of course, and naked fish (healthy prep), and ended our meal with the decadent chocolate torte.

We noticed the large booth that seats 8 - perfect for our turn to pick group date night!!!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank HootCheech

Been to Plank Seafood Provisions? Share your experiences!