“Great Old Market place to eat”

Plank Seafood Provisions
Ranked #4 of 1,387 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Plank is a coastally-inspired oyster bar and seafood grill in Omaha, Nebraska. Thoughtful service, notable flavors, and social moments found here.
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I was in Omaha on business and ate at Plank twice. I was walking around to Old Market and was able to just sit at a table by the bar with no wait. I found my servers on Both occassions to be friendly and attentive. I usually travel to Omaha annually and I definitely would return during a future visit to Omaha.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Let me start by saying that the food at Plank is very good. You will not be disappointed. But I have eaten here at few times now with the wife and both times they have gotten our reservation wrong. Very frustrating. The manager was apologetic but it didn't really make up for it. We shall be back but I don't even know if we'll bother making a reservation knowing the hassle it causes.

Atmosphere is excellent and it's in such a great area of Omaha that it's hard not to like it.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I ate here twice in the same week, both times for lunch. The first time I was given a lunch menu along with the full menu but not on the second visit. Both visits were mid week?? This is a seafood, southern/east coast type of food. Po boys, lobster roll and an oyster bar. The shrimp po boy was good but a could of had more shrimp. It was over whelmed by the roll. The salmon was tasty but some may not like the mustard sause. The service was good and you can sit outside which is always a plus on a nice day. I love the interior design. Very cool.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We enjoyed lunch at Plank while in Omaha for the CWS. We decided to return to Old Market and pick a restaurant when we got there. I am so glad that my husband pointed out Plank.
Walking in and seeing the fresh seafood bar, we just knew we were going to enjoy our meal.
The food was delicious. My husband enjoyed the shrimp poboy. The shrimp were larger than those on a typical Louisiana poboy. Umm, but they were so fresh and good. The batter was just perfect. Just enough breading to add a little crunch and just a bit of taste but allowing the shrimp to shine.
I enjoyed the lobster roll. It was perfect. So much lobster with just the right amount of mayonnaise and minced celery which I could hardly even see (I hate chunky celery) piled on a perfectly toasted roll. Delicious!!
The fresh lemonade was really good and refreshing.
The staff were all very nice and friendly. Very accommodating but never hovering.
The atmosphere was wonderful - modern, upscale yet relaxed nautical. I really liked the white with navy stripe cloth napkins and tin like serving plates and the wooden boat hull on the ceiling. We enjoyed everything about this restaurant.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

My son and I decided to try this place while my picky daughter was out of town with my wife. I am not a big seafood person but my son(he's a teen) loves it. He ordered the Oysters Rockefeller for our appetizer and said they were very good but maybe a bit too much bacon. I didn't know it was possible to have too much bacon but I guess if you like oysters then maybe it's possible. For our dinner we both ordered the Blackened Mississippi Catfish. It came with dirty rice that was the best...just the right amount of seasoning. We also had sautéed green beans which were very good. Service was excellent and the menu has a good enough variety that my picky daughter would probably survive. Prices are reasonable. My only complaint was that it was loud enough that it made it difficult to have a conversation.

Been to Plank Seafood Provisions? Share your experiences!