“Enjoyable Seafood Experience in Omaha's Old Market”

Plank Seafood Provisions
Ranked #6 of 1,346 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Plank is a coastally-inspired oyster bar and seafood grill in Omaha, Nebraska. Thoughtful service, notable flavors, and social moments found here.
Council Bluffs, Iowa
“Enjoyable Seafood Experience in Omaha's Old Market”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

My son and I decided to try this place while my picky daughter was out of town with my wife. I am not a big seafood person but my son(he's a teen) loves it. He ordered the Oysters Rockefeller for our appetizer and said they were very good but maybe a bit too much bacon. I didn't know it was possible to have too much bacon but I guess if you like oysters then maybe it's possible. For our dinner we both ordered the Blackened Mississippi Catfish. It came with dirty rice that was the best...just the right amount of seasoning. We also had sautéed green beans which were very good. Service was excellent and the menu has a good enough variety that my picky daughter would probably survive. Prices are reasonable. My only complaint was that it was loud enough that it made it difficult to have a conversation.

Nebraska
“Great food and servie”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

we ate outside on a beautiful night and watched peole walk by. First we had the wood fired bbq oysters, my son and i have ate alot of oysters and these were the best. I had the grouper which was excellent. The place is a little pricey but worth it because all 4 of us were pleases.

Bellevue, Nebraska
“no idea”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We went to the Old Market in Omaha for another restaurant but as parking is we found a spot closer to this new restaurant. Loved the inside. Great look. You have to like oysters to really like the main part of the bar, I do! Loved that. My husband not an oyster guy we decided on a shrimp and oyster combo appetizer. My god those shrimp where so salty maybe also spicy all I a wanted to do is drink all the water. The oysters where great. Dinner, well $25 for 3 scallops on bacon was crazy. Bacon was really bacon fat. My husbands roasted chicken oily but tasty. Green beans great. I will go back but just for cocktails and oysters.

Nebraska
“Nice addition to Old Market tradition of good food!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

I'm a seafood snob, because I'm in Hawaii and Alaska for work several times each year. The Plank was top notch.

My wife and I split the oysters & shrimp appetizer...wonderful! The shrimp were nice size, chilled perfectly, and fresh/crisp tasting. The oysters were great, and they had a selection from both Atlantic & Pacific.

For entrees she had diver scallops, and I had Idaho Trout. Both were very tasty. Their salmon offering was Atlantic salmon, and I simply prefer Alaska salmon and didn't even consider choosing...see, I am a seafood snob. The staff were very considerate and made this a great dining out experience.

Omaha, Nebraska
“Finally, fresh seafood in Omaha”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Omaha needed a place like Plank Seafood Provisions. Owned by Flagship Restaurant Group, these guys know what they're doing. The food is never frozen and tastes just like some of the food I've had to great seafood restaurants on the coasts. It isn't cheap but it's well worth it and if you want to impress a date, take them here. I ordered the scallops over bacon and was very pleased with it. They accept reservations and the service was outstanding. We'll definitely be back.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Derek R

Been to Plank Seafood Provisions? Share your experiences!