“It is just okay”

Ranked #71 of 1,372 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Pub, Gastropub, Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Description: Housed in a remodeled 1910s movie theatre, Benson Brewery is a turn of the century-meets-modern restaurant and brewery specializing in artisan food & house beer.
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Went here for the first time and have heard a lot of good things. I wasn't too impressed. The kitchen was hollering and acting like a high school group. Pretty unprofessional-especially since it's an open kitchen. I didn't eat so I can't speak to the food, but the beer was just so-so. Nothing special about it that would make me come back. I did like their set up inside though.

1  Thank DraftMe

Reviewed February 21, 2014

We have been a few times. The food is what brings us back.
The beers lack originality and any kind of excitement.
I would say this is a good place to bring people as an introduction to craft beer. Then you can take them down the street to Infusion where the Beer is outstanding!
Our last visit was for New Years Eve and the pairing had a great meal. Beers matched well, but again they were nothing very special.

The interior of Benson Brewery is very clean and has beautiful woodwork. The staff has always been friendly.

1  Thank maryk1968
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We stopped in here on a very chilly night while hanging out in the Benson neighborhood of Omaha. We did not plan where to eat, and this place looked great so we decided to try it. Our group was seated almost immediately, however, large groups after us were given long wait times. We enjoyed the beer selection, with a wide variety on the menu everyone at the table could find a drink they were excited to try. The food was mixed, while the appetizers were delicious the portions were extremely small and cannot be shared easily (even between two people). Our entrees were mixed, some were delicious and perfect, others not as up to par as we would expect. Our favorite part was the atmosphere--laid back, funky and cool. Will likely return for drinks if we are in the neighborhood again.

2  Thank AKRoy
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We were wandering Benson last evening and stopped here for dinner. The beer was good and they have a good selection of their brews and "guest" taps. The food was uneven. Bison meatloaf and fish and chips were good. Frites could have been a bit crisper. The hanger steak was fatty and chewy, not good. Prices are modest and I'll try them again. Evan, the bartender is a great guy, good at what he does and fun to talk with.

1  Thank JoRoOmaha
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I heard good things abotu the food here- and their brunsh menu looked good. But, we only had drinks. The mimosa was good. Beers were okay. Definately not my favorite micro brewery. The Amber and Kahar-T (spelling?) were what we liked best. No growlers without a fill. We didn't like anything enough to buy a filled growler. And no logo glasses for sale.
Had a nice atmosphere. Good decor.