“Love this place”

Dining options: Dinner, Seating
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

Great drinks, great food and great service. Owner is great. Drinks are very generous, bring your friends.

1 Thank Tma2681

Omaha, Nebraska
“We love this Bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2011

This is our local neighborhood bar and grille that we have visited for sometime. We love that it is in our neighborhood, is fun, friendly and that we can get a bite to eat if we like. Sometime we stop just for a drink and sometime for much longer. We enjoy visiting anytime either weeknight or weekend. The employees are always friendly and quick with getting your order. If you have not been to EZ stop in have a drink and relax.

Visited July 2011
2 Thank RandA68118
Omaha, Nebraska
“Don't waste your time”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2011

First off I only have been to E'z Place a few times this year all of my experiences have been at happy hour time. First thing you should know is the are zero happy hour speicals. Number two is I thought the service was bad the first time I went there and thought it only could get better but I found out it only got worse to top it off the bartender was not some random hot blonde with big cans she owned the place. If your looking for a Bar to relax and have a drink and maybe play so Keno don't go to E'z because the service is so slow you can't order a drink and play a game of keno at the same time it is just to much for her. DON"T WASTE YOUR TIME there are to many great bars with in a mile that have great service and have happy our specials. I will close by saying if you do go to E'z try to stop in when the owner is not working it makes for a better experience.
THIS IS NOT A NEIGHBORHOOD BAR AND GRILL <dont bring your kids>

Visited June 2011
4 Thank drfas
Omaha, NE
“All and all...skip it!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2008

We had gotten a flyer in the mail and since its close to home, I thought we would check it out by ordering carry-out. Big mistake on my part.

First: This place is a keno parlor and a bar...not a restaurant. I was almost knocked over by the smell of cigarette smoke when I stepped inside. Its not a place to take the family at all. The beer specials in the window should have been my first clue.

Second: I ordered a Chicago style deep dish. What I got was nothing like a Chicago deep dish pizza. In fact, what I got looked suspiciously like those 3 for $10 Tombstone pizza at Hy-Vee. When I commented that I must have gotten the wrong pizza, the response was that "we don't make them that way".

Third: The pizza we gotten was WAY overcooked. Has I caught this before leaving, I would have had them remake it. A real restaurant would never have served that pizza.

All and all...skip it!

2 Thank Ray02
rkheco, Owner at E'z Place, responded to this review, September 26, 2008
We are sorry your first experience with us was not all that you expected. I can assure you we always try to take care of any issues that may arise when given the opportunity. I am not sure if you asked for anyone to handle anything or gave your name/number, but I did not hear about this experience or we would have done everything we could to ensure your happiness.

I would like to respond to a few items you mentioned:

1 - Being a "keno parlor and bar... not a restaurant".
This is somewhat true. The flyer you received, likely as an insert in the Omaha World-Herald, clearly states we are a "Neighborhood Bar & Grille" and while we do cater to all patrons, including families with children, we do operate primarily as a Bar more than a Grille. We do however have a very extensive menu, and many folks do come in for lunch and for dinner and we are very kid friendly.

As to the smoking, yes we are a bar, so we do have a liquor license, and do have Keno, so we were a smoking establishment up until June 17, 2008 when all of Omaha went now smoke free. We had installed a very extensive smoke filtration system in the past year but obviously that doesn't always handle all of the smoke when there is a larger volume of it. I am not sure of the exact date when you visited, but some nights there may have been more smokers than usual. Now that is no longer an issue as we are smoke free.

2 - Your pizza.
I can assure you we make all of our pizzas from scratch, from individual fresh dough balls (for each size pizza) that are tossed and stretched and then made to order and finally cooked in our conveyor pizza oven. All of our pizza's are "Chicago Style" as the company who ran the "restaurant" that this menu was founded from was from Chicago, however it is not "THE Chicago Style" you may be used to, with the sauce on top, etc... The Deep Dish pizzas are made with a thicker crust and cooked in a "dish" to ensure they are cooked thoroughly. Each style and size of pizza is always cooked for the same time, at the same temperature, so they are pretty consistent. While I am not aware of your particular situation, but anytime a customer is unhappy with their orders we generally offer to make them another one for free or refund their money, or whatever it takes to ensure they have a good experience. That is what we Pride ourselves on as the established Neighborhood bar in the area for over 15 years. We have many satisfied repeat customers who really enjoy the atmosphere and especially the food, and particularly the pizzas which we are well known for. Anytime folks move into the neighborhood they generally find us through word of mouth or through our annual flyers, and usually they LOVE the pizza and other menu items.

If you would give us the opportunity, we would be more than willing to make it up to you, and have you give us another try, all on the house. I'm sure you will find your second experience much better than the first. I will send you an e-mail with my information and you can contact me directly, and I hope you take us up on our offer.

Been to E'z Place? Share your experiences!