“Excellent food! Some of the best Thai I've ever had!”
Review of Taste of Thailand

Taste of Thailand
Reserve with OpenTable
Taste of Thailand is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #145 of 1,383 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner
Description: ENJOY PURE SPICES & FRESH HERBS Established in 2004, Taste of Thailand is quickly becoming established as the go-to ethic Thai eatery of Omaha. Our menu covers everything from the traditional Pad Thai noodle dish to the Northern Dinner. Taste of Thailand carefully prepares fresh, tasty authentic Thai Cuisine for everyone!
Reviewed April 23, 2010

I fell in love with this restraurant with the first bite I took. I ordered Pad Thai, and it was excellent. I'm not a fan of spicy food, so I appreciated that they were more than willing to adjust the spiciness of the dish for me!
My husband and I have tried other Thai restaurants in Omaha and always end up coming back to this one! In my opinion, the food is the best and the prices can't be beat! It is very reasonably priced!
I have several vegetarian friends and family members and appreciate the large selection of vegetarian items. It's a place where everyone can find something to eat!
My only complaint is that service is somewhat lacking. The owner of the restaurant is the only server, which can make it hard for him to keep up when the place is busy. Given the situation, slower service is to be expected. However, the food certainly makes up for any wait you may have!
I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for reasonably priced Thai food with great flavor!

Faruk W, Owner at Taste of Thailand, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2014

Hi there! Thanks again for your feedback online. I really appreciate hearing about your experience. All the best, Rick

Reviewed March 19, 2008

I came in for lunch the other day - the owner was also the waiter, and he was pretty rude. Soon after I came in several other tables also were seated, and he tried to serve everyone. One table went without menus for about 15 mins. I ordered pad thai which I ALWAYS get when I go to a thai restaurant. This pad thai was the WORST. It was basically a sauce of ketchup and tomato soup. I asked for chicken and got three little pieces of chicken. There were also no bean sprouts which are traditional with pad thai. I ordered iced tea to drink and NEVER got a refill. I ate a few bited of the pad thai and just pushed the plate aside. It took over 20 mins for him to come over and take my plate away, never asking why I didn't eat the food or whether everything was ok. He gave me the check and ignored me. This place doesn't deserve to be called a restaurant and the owner should retire!

Our restaurant manager has forwarded your concern about the food quality to us. Thank you very much for being very honest and straightforward with your comments. While we certainly regret the fact that the food served to you did not meet our usual standards, we also appreciate the opportunity you have given us to improve. Please accept our sincerest apologies. We hope that you will continue to visit us so that we may be able to serve you better. Sincerely, Rick Wanna

Reviewed February 14, 2008

This is the best Thai food I've ever had. The menu options are endless and the spiciness scale is fun. (1 to 10)
The food is authentic and cooked fresh and its a small, cozy restaurant. I'm still thinking about their red curry. Give this restaurant a try and I guarantee you'll be coming back.

Pros: Great food! Lots of options. As much or as little spice as you can handle.
Cons: No Singha beer when we were there -- not their fault though. The distributors weren't able to get any.

1  Thank jre1440