“A Tasty Treat in Omaha”
Review of Taste of Thailand

Taste of Thailand
Reserve with OpenTable
Taste of Thailand is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #151 of 1,387 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner
Description: ENJOY PURE SPICES & FRESH HERBS Established in 2004, Taste of Thailand is quickly becoming established as the go-to ethic Thai eatery of Omaha. Our menu covers everything from the traditional Pad Thai noodle dish to the Northern Dinner. Taste of Thailand carefully prepares fresh, tasty authentic Thai Cuisine for everyone!
Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

If you enjoy Thai food, don't miss Taste of Thailand. Located in a little strip mall at the NW corner of 156 and Center, this restaurant is a hidden gem.The owner, who also waits tables, is simply delightful! Try the Pad Thai with chicken and shrimp, and the fresh mango with warm rice for desert.

I have recently moved from Omaha. This was one of my top three favorite restaurants, and I hope to stop in again should I have the opportunity to return to the city.

Faruk W, Owner at Taste of Thailand, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2014

Hi there! Thanks again for your feedback online. I really appreciate hearing about your experience. All the best, Rick

Reviewed July 5, 2012

I have not been here for awhile, but if you have problems at some of the other Thai restaurants of getting something spicy enough, you will like the change here. They heat it up, and the flavor is excellent. It is not a sleek interior by any means, but the help is friendly and accommodating. This place and Bangkok Cuisine are (I think) the best Thai in town, and this joint might have a slight edge!

Reviewed October 6, 2011

This is my favorite restaurant. It is by far the best Thai food in town. The one caveat to that - I'm not a fan of their pad thai, which is a typical food for Americans to order. However, the curries are amazing and you can choose how spicy you want it. The Tom Ka Kai ( chicken and coconut milk soup) is the best I've ever had. In summer when mangoes are in season, the mango and sticky rice is a must.

I love the atmosphere. It is a small restaurant, decorated with whatever goods the owner brought back from his last trip to home to Thailand. Its not "hip" by any stretch, but it is comfortable and intimate, and you never have to worry about not being able to hear the conversation over ambient noise.

Reviewed March 26, 2011

I visited Taste of Thailand on 22 Apr 2010. This was my second time dining here, which should tell you that at the very least, I enjoyed it enough to go back. I specifically went back for the rice and custard dessert, and I was not disappointed, but more about that later.

I showed up for dinner early in the evening and was the only customer until two other tables of people came in to eat. I was encouraged to sit wherever I preferred and was immediately brought a menu, which I declined. Instead, I placed my order right away with the courteous and friendly gentleman who sat me.

I tried their Shrimp and Chicken Pad Thai. It arrived in an acceptable amount of time, and it was fine. Not the best I've ever had, but far from the worst. The Thai Iced Tea tasted more like coffee than tea. I prefer mine to taste more like tea, so this is a disappointment. But I'll tell you what...Taste of Thailand knocked my socks off with their rice and custard dessert. Outstanding. Worth going back just for the dessert.

Reviewed April 23, 2010

I fell in love with this restraurant with the first bite I took. I ordered Pad Thai, and it was excellent. I'm not a fan of spicy food, so I appreciated that they were more than willing to adjust the spiciness of the dish for me!
My husband and I have tried other Thai restaurants in Omaha and always end up coming back to this one! In my opinion, the food is the best and the prices can't be beat! It is very reasonably priced!
I have several vegetarian friends and family members and appreciate the large selection of vegetarian items. It's a place where everyone can find something to eat!
My only complaint is that service is somewhat lacking. The owner of the restaurant is the only server, which can make it hard for him to keep up when the place is busy. Given the situation, slower service is to be expected. However, the food certainly makes up for any wait you may have!
I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for reasonably priced Thai food with great flavor!