“My friend got sick, I am fine”
Review of Stokes Grill & Bar

Stokes Grill & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Stokes Grill & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #178 of 1,346 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Southwestern
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: In 1998, feeling the creative talents of (then-Champps) Chef John Ursick were not reaching their full potential, they brainstormed the idea of Stokes Grill & Bar. Stokes is a unique southwestern concept featuring one of Omaha's best wine lists with over two hundred selections. After a very successful first decade, Stokes opened a second location in the Old Market of Omaha. In 2012, the original Stokes moved into a larger building near Boys Town on Dodge.
Boulder, Colorado
“My friend got sick, I am fine”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Had a tasty meal here tonight. The fish tacos smelled
fishy when served, and turns out, 2 hours later, my
friend has food poisoning. If you have an inkling
that your meal isn't right, don't eat it!

Also, this is a noisy place, with tvs in the bar. The
music was odd, didn't seem to go with the place.

Service was good.

• Visited August 2014

Kansas City, Missouri
“Great Lunch”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Stopped in for lunch with the grand kids. The food was excellent and the service was efficient. The Chopped Salmon salad and the Tacos Carbon were good and the kids gave the chicken fingers a thumbs up.

Visited August 2014
Valley, Nebraska
“Good chicken enchiladas”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

So my husband and I stop on Stokes on occasion. We always order the chicken enchiladas - and they are wonderful! This time we ventured out and tried the steak tacos, and a hamburger. The steak in the steak tacos was not tender, and they were assemble your own... so we missed the chicken enchiladas. The hamburger was good, and a nice smokey flavor. Although, it was only served with lettuce. No onions, no pickles, no tomatoes. This restaurant does not have pickles. They had to slice a tomato for me special. Seems odd - even at the dive bars, they come automatically with pickle, lettuce, tomato and onion on the side. Guess we will order the chicken enchiladas next time :-)

• Visited August 2014
La Center, Washington
“wonderful dinning experience Omaha”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

A casual resturant in the old market of omaha, NE. Chef has put a southwest flair on
many of the presentations unlocking a combination of very delicious flavors. My wife and
I shared a "Good for you salad" that was a combination of kale, spinach and chard highlighted
with a pesto vinaigrette it was outstanding. Our main course was "Johnnys big plate" a delicious
combination of southwest flavors featuring a poblano chili filled with pork carnitas - DELICIOUS

Someone needs to update the beverage manger that Nebraska is developing an excellent
reputation for micro brews known of which are featured on the menu why is an establishment
in Omaha featuring beef from CA, OR, CO where is the managers pride get NEBRASKA IN SHOW!

• Visited July 2014
austin, tx
“Omaha--CWS”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Mixed review on this one. This place has New Mexican cuisine. Hubby ordered ribeye. When it arrived it was rather lukewarm. Obviously it had been sitting awhile. I order a chicken pasta dish. It was delicious. My friend ordered a shrimp pasta dish. Large shrimp and she said it was good. Appetizer nachos were good. Hubby ordered a 2nd beer which was never provided. We were rather disappointed with this establishment. We had to keep reminding the wait staff of our needs.

• Visited June 2014
John W, Manager at Stokes Grill & Bar, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Yzap, we take a lot of pride in our food quality and service standards and appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I'm sorry we fell short on your recent visit. I'd like to talk to you more about your dining experience off-line. Please email me at your convenience at john@restaurantsinc.net. Thanks again!

Been to Stokes Grill & Bar? Share your experiences!