“More than I expected!”
Review of Stokes Grill & Bar

Stokes Grill & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Stokes Grill & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #184 of 1,351 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: In 1998, feeling the creative talents of (then-Champps) Chef John Ursick were not reaching their full potential, they brainstormed the idea of Stokes Grill & Bar. Stokes is a unique southwestern concept featuring one of Omaha's best wine lists with over two hundred selections. After a very successful first decade, Stokes opened a second location in the Old Market of Omaha. In 2012, the original Stokes moved into a larger building near Boys Town on Dodge.
McKinney, Texas
“More than I expected!”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Having spent most of my life in places that set the bar for Mexican fare (Southern California, Texas, and Colorado), I have long drawn a line south of I-70. Stokes, of all unexpected places, just broke the line. This wonderful bar and grill just served up one of the finest south of the border fares I have ever dined upon. Try their Sharon's Enchiladas with a house margarita. You will not be disappointed!

• Visited April 2014

Omaha, NE
“Oh my Gawd! You need this..trust me!”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

A true Omaha creation, this restaurant has two locations one on each side of town. So whether you're in down town Omaha or West O, you're close enough to go to one. Their signature dish, the thing you need, NEED, to order on your first ever visit is Sharon's Chicken Enchiladas. I've been here more than a couple of times, and I feel that if I don't order something new off the menu each time I visit, I would never taste all the goodness this place might have to offer. To that end, I ordered the Bangers & Mash this time, while my wife had Sharon's. I don't know of anyplace in this town or any town where you can get Lamb Bangers served with perfect Mashed potatoes combined with succulent and superbly sautéed Brussel sprouts. This was one of those dishes where you want to try each component together on the fork, and heaven forbid if you run out of one of components before you're all through your entire meal. Enough said! The restaurant has an extensive wine list with excellent pair ability and very nice house cocktails that complement Southwestern American food. The service is very good and the servers very helpful. Truly an Omaha institution and a must visit for anyone that wants to go where the locals go...

• Visited April 2014
Middletown, Delaware
“Best nachos ever”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

This was my second visit. The Azetc Nachos are the best i've ever had. We liked them so much, we ordered a second place and made a meal of them. The secret is the curry sauce. When we first had them, I didn't think I would like them because I'm not a fan of curry in general. But it is fantastic. Besides the curry sauce, they are topped with chicken, cheese, tomatoes, and guacamole. The service is friendly and efficient. I wish there was a Stokes in Delaware!

Visited April 2014
Omaha, Nebraska
“Fantastic”
Reviewed February 25, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is one of our favorite restaurants - it has a great atmosphere and service. The brisket tacos are one of the best items you will eat anywhere.

Visited February 2014
Fort Calhoun, Nebraska
“Nice dinner for two”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Ate there with my wife the week before Christmas, about 9pm on a Friday. Not very crowded by then, so seated in a booth right away. Decor was sort of upscale southwest, service was good - attentive but not overly so. I could see the server do "drive-by's" and assess whether or not she should stop to check on us. Food was very good - my wife had the brisket tacos and I had a chipotle steak. Prices were a little bit upscale but we felt the price / food value equation was on target. One suggestion would be to upgrade the tortillas. For not a lot of effort they could put that upscale food on top of upscale tortillas and not something that looked like it came out of a Mission Foods bag. Overall enjoyed very much and will be back.

Visited December 2013