“Wheelchair people not welcome”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Farm House Cafe

Farm House Cafe
Ranked #85 of 1,338 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Delicatessen
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Omaha, Nebraska
“Wheelchair people not welcome”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

3 waitresses wouldn't serve me. Last time I was there I was asked to leave because being in a wheel chair would keep people away. I was mortified.

I don't remember when I visit, it was a long while but the selection is not listed

• Visited February 2013
5 Thank Mary S

South Dakota
“Very busy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

While staying in Omaha we went here for breakfast on a Sunday morning. The wait for a table was 30 minutes, but the cinnamon roll was worth the wait. My family of 4 shared one cinnamon roll before our breakfast came. It was huge, delicious and only cost $2.49! The breakfast meals were good. Our waitress was very, very good, even though she was very busy! I will definitely stop and get items from their bakery again!

Visited September 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great late dinner!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Went here after doing an online search for places that would do breakfast all day - I have a son who is a picky eater, but breakfast food is always something he'll eat. We went for a late dinner and the place was pretty quiet. Our waitress was awesome, even giving some suggestions when my daughter's original selection was not available. I had the carrot cake for dessert - OMG, some of the best cake I've ever had! We all left stuffed and happy.

• Visited August 2013
Smiths Grove, Kentucky
“Homestyle Cooking in Omaha”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

I am new in the Omaha area and co-worker suggested we eat at the Farm House Cafe for lunch. She sent me their website address so I could check out the menu. The Farm House Cafe could be described as a diner serving food similar to Bob Evans and/or Cracker Barrel. As another reviewer wrote "it is not fancy but tasty."

A hostess seated us. I did find the restaurant noisy and the tables close together. Thus it was easy to hear the conversation of those eating on either side of us. Our waitress was friendly and gave us time to look at the menu. The summer specials were not listed on the website. Took me a bit time to check those out.

My co-worker ordered the chicken strips (chicken tenders) basket which consisted of five chicken tenders, french fries, and dipping sauce. The fries looked ordinary but she let me sample the chicken tenders. The chicken tenders were not greasy. I don't know if they were friend or baked but any case I liked them. Visually they were varying shades of brown and looked somewhat prickly. As you bit into them you first experienced crunch followed by a soft/tender center. The chicken consisted of white meat which easily pulled apart. The tenders were not in any way processed. Product quality was high.

When I see country fried steak I like to check it out. So I ordered the country fried steak which was served on top of a slice of white bread. The white bread was thick and just to save calories I chose not to eat the white bread. Visually the platter was not attractive. The country friend steak looked dry and one side of the chicken fried steak was curled upward. I found the steak somewhat dry but not overly dry. The sausage gravy helped to add moisture. Both the gravy and country fried steak had two distinct flavors. The gravy was white.

Next to the country fried stead was a scoop of mashed potatoes with white gravy. Paprika had been sprinkled on the gravy. The potatoes were warm not hot. I thought the potatoes had a great consistency and a distinctive taste. It was positive taste. I would have been happy with my friend's chicken tenders and my potatoes.

Canned corn was placed alongside my potatoes and country fried steak. I am not a fan of canned corn. I wish I had asked for something else.

I prefer more exotic cooking and in general this is not a place I would choose but it did to some degree make me think of my mom's cooking. If this is the style of cooking you enjoy you should check it out. The food was warm and the tastes consistent with what I would expect for this style of cooking.

• Visited July 2013
Blue Springs, Missouri
“Good food, nice waitress.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

My family were in Omaha for a few days on vacation and decided to try this place out...and I am glad we did. My husband ordered the pork chops and the portions are good size, he enjoyed it. I ordered a cheeseburger and it was so big I couldn't eat it all, but that may be due to the fact we ordered the best chips and dip we have ever had as an appetizer and couldn't quit eating them. ( Our waitress gave us a batch to go along with drinks!) We ended up spending more than we expected but it was well worth it. If we return to Omaha we will eat here again!

• Visited July 2013

Been to Farm House Cafe? Share your experiences!