“Good Chises in the Big O”
Review of Oriental Garden

Oriental Garden
Ranked #531 of 1,379 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We have largely switched our Asian eating to other cuisines (Vietnamese, Thai, Korean), but when we crave real Chinese fare, this is almost always the place. Located in the heart of town, and easy to access, the inside is pleasant and clean, if nondescript. The staff is prompt and friendly, and there is a broad array of food at a reasonable cost. The last time here, my wife had a large bowl of chicken and vegetable soup for about $5, and I had the Szechuan Pork, served with vegetables, rice, a crab rangoon, and a cup of the soup of your choice (I opted for the hot and sour, which is tastier than most, although nowhere near the work of art that Saigon and its sibling serves, but there is also egg drop), all for about $7. Very tasty and filling for us both. If you are seeking good, authentic Chinese food, this is your place.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

I ordered an individual sized sesame chicken and hot emperors chicken the other night. Both were amazingly good and there was enough for my wife and I to have for lunch the next day. This was also one of the cheaper places I found in Omaha (about $15 for everything) I would definitely go back again.

1  Thank Ben O
Reviewed October 28, 2011

My favorite entre is the Kung Pao chicken, the vegetables are always fresh and the sauce is delicious. They have daily specials that may not be on the menu. The reason I keep returning is the staff, they are always cheerful and go out of their way to make sure your dining experience is unforgettable.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed August 23, 2008

Great value and service, very nice folks that run the place. Food is not too greasy and huge portions for the price. Don't forget the sugar donuts, they are awesome. Skip the overpriced sodas.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook