“Do not pass this restaurant up!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of El Dorado

El Dorado
Ranked #658 of 1,338 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish, Central American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Here at El Dorado, we specialize in Mexican and seafood dishes. We like to say we take seafood south of the border! We'd love for you to visit us to satisfy all your Mexican and seafood cravings -- right here in Omaha, NE! We were founded with the concept of serving authentic Mexican plates, and after years of serving clients, we still hold true to that concept. El Dorado is a great place to enjoy a healthy and comfortable environment with your family and friends.
Lexington, NE
“Do not pass this restaurant up!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

If you have never had the opportunity to eat in an authentic Mexican restaurant, there is a whole world of food and flavor that you are missing out on. I highly recommend El Dorado as the menu is huge, features fantastic seafood and has some of the best tortillas and fajitas that I have ever experienced in my life. So as you can tell, I'm probably a big fan of Latino cuisine and this is true. I also live in Lexington, Nebraska, a town which is around 70-80% Hispanic/Latino and features several mom and pop Latino and Mexican restaurants so I know good Latino cuisine when I see it.

We ate there on a Friday afternoon and missed the lunch rush but our service was prompt and the restaurant was clean, cozy and featured various Latino decor as well as pictures of the dishes the restaurant serves. The overall design is similar to some of the restaurants back in Lexington so I felt like I was back at home.

The restaurant also features trays of grilled/fried food that you can order and can share in a family style. It is a bit pricy at around $15 per person with I believe a minimum charge of 3, but you get so much food, you are bound to have left overs. Our two friends shared one of these platters and they got the surf and turf which featured shrimp, pork, chorizo (Mexican sausage), chicken, peppers and onions, fried potatoes, etc. Needless to say they were stuffed when they finished. I had the steak fajitas and my wife had pork quesadillas. All portions were generous, hot when served and the tortillas were homemade. The sides of beans and rice were delicious and contributed to the overall experience.

I highly recommend this restaurant as the prices are fair, what is considered sides/appetizers such as quesadillas and torta sandwiches are filling enough to be their own meals and it gives you a chance to appreciate the proud heart of Omaha's Latino neighborhood.

Also, salsas are made from scratch and all meats and seafood are prepared in what my friends (who are Latino) said were in a traditional manner like there own family would make at home.

Don't miss the opportunity to experience this gem in the heart of downtown Omaha!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank travisp11
Ignacio A, Owner at El Dorado, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Thank you so much for the kind words! We’re so happy to hear you, your wife and friends enjoyed your meals with us. The steak fajitas were a great choice! We do our best to serve generous portions of our rich, flavorful dishes and are dedicated to providing responsive, high-quality service to our guests. Thank you for visiting us, and we hope to see you again, should you be passing through Omaha! Best, Ignacio (Owner)

Lincoln, Nebraska
“Good authentic Mexican food, gets busy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

Food was good, there was a wedding going on in the back so we got to see Mariachis (although they didn't stick around long). Chile Rellenos were really good, the al pastor is cooked on a trompo, similar to what you would find in a greek gyro joint; if you're unfamiliar with tacos al pastor, that is the BEST way to eat them! Give it a try,

• Visited March 2012
Ignacio A, Owner at El Dorado, responded to this review, April 4, 2012
I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your chille relleno and al pastor! We love when our customers share their menu recommendations, so thank you for taking the time to do so! We hope you can visit us again. Best, Ignacio (Owner)

Been to El Dorado? Share your experiences!