“Fantastic Tacos in "Little Tijuana" Area of Omaha” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Taqueria Tiajuana

Taqueria Tiajuana
Ranked #280 of 1,336 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Fort Calhoun, Nebraska
“Fantastic Tacos in "Little Tijuana" Area of Omaha”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

Up and down 24th street is a really cool area in Omaha with a lot of very traditional markets and restaurants. This taqueria is on the corner of 24th and Q and you may have to park a block down and walk. Ate here on a Sunday night, very casual, a lot of families having some Sunday dinner. It is cash only. We lived in So Cal and there were these divey taco stands where you might be the only person speaking English and the food was amazing. The tacos we had (al carbon, carnitas and pastor) were that good, served with grilled jalapenos, radishes and some really good salsas.

Visited March 2014

“Fresh and tasty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

They bring you radishes, grilled jalapenos and two types of chili before you even order. Nice selection of meats for your choice of tacos or gorditas. Real Coke from Mexico (tons of sugar and delicious, better than the Coke bottled here in the U.S.) along with Fanta Orange drink. Really reasonable prices and good service. You don't get a bill til you go to the counter to pay so you're never sure how much it's going to be. Love the food.

Visited July 2013
Smiths Grove, Kentucky
“Authentic Tacos and Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

I am in the new in the Omaha area and have fallen in love with South 24th. It is a great place to practice Spanish and makes me feel like I am back in Central America. Not long ago a college student, working in a German restaurant suggested I try Taqueria Tiajuana. I am glad I did!

The restaurant is simple in design but homey. There are two dining areas, one as you come in and a larger area to the right. The bathrooms are in that larger area. I sat in the smaller area but wish I had chosen the larger area. You can do more people watching there. The place smells good when you enter. You can tell fresh food is in the works.

My waitress was super nice. In Spanish I told her I wanted to try an orange flavored soft drink. She asked if I wanted a menu. I said yes. I had three incredible tacos. I asked how big the tacos were. She showed me with her hands and suggested that I have three. She was right that was just the right amount.

I ordered two tacos with chorizo and one with carne asada. The chorizo was flavorful. The tacos are served with guacamole. The tacos are soft and placed in a cup cake wrapper so that they are partly folded. With the carne asada I expected ground beef but to my surprise it shredded beef with great flavor. Your meal comes with a bowl of radishes and limes. I noticed others squeezing lime juice onto their tacos. There are also two sauces. I should have asked what those were. One was red and the other green. The flavors were good though not familiar to me.

There is also burritos and soups on the menu. I was amazed at the freshness and good taste. They are busy. Even though it was 1:30 lunch was still going strong and people were coming in for take out. After eating you get a bill and take it to the cashier. I didn't have a bill but I told her in Spanish what I had eaten.

I was amazed at the willingness of the staff to speak Spanish with me. If I didn't seem to understand the waitress would insert an English word. I will be back to try out more and just to Speak Spanish. Great authentic food!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Orlando, Florida
“Awesome Authentic Tacos & more!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Cinco de Mayo absolutely required us to find some GOOD & AUTHENTIC Mexican food! We randomly selected from the GPS Taqueria Tiajuana for our quest.
This is a small restaurant sitting on the corner of 24th and we were greeted at the door by a little guy selling candy who said "You should eat here, they have the BEST tacos!" :)
Memories of ventures into Tijuana, Mexico back in the 80's/90's came flooding back- good times & good food!
Upon entering, the place is abuzz with happy diners & plenty of servers- and my oh my, the wonderful aromas coming from the kitchen!
We seated ourselves but immediately had service. The menu is very limited- tacos, gorditas, quesadilla, etc (sure wish they had beans ala charra!)
We had asada (steak) tacos, carnitas (pork) tacos & steak quesadillas -SOOOOO GOOD!!!

The place is VERY authentic & ethnic- but very welcoming,and the ladies who waited our table were always smiling & happy to make sure we had whatever we needed

Massive lunch for the 2 of us plus 2 sodas: $24 bucks!
Love, Love, Love Taqueria Tiajuana!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kimberly K

Been to Taqueria Tiajuana? Share your experiences!