“excellent,classy”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
“excellent,classy”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

If you are looking for large quantities of food at low prices,this wouldnot be the restaurant for you. If youare looking for an upscale,elegant epicurean experiencethen you have to try the bistro. The ambience is understated elegance, the food is extremely tasty and the service is exceptional. We were a bit apprehensive after reading some of the online reviews and were pleasantly surprised tofind this to be one of the best places in Omaha. As for the price, the quality of the food is worth it. Definetly our new favourite special occasion place!

• Visited August 2011
Thank Louis and Alexa... G

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“High expectations for a taste of France in Omaha”
Reviewed July 15, 2011

I've always been intrigued by this place - kinda tucked in to a corner in West O. And with an upcoming trip to France, I was looking forward to sharing it with a friend, also a Francophile. An empty restaurant at lunch hour, we were there for nearly 2 hours, and were the only customers. Food was OK. Definitely over-priced for lunch, but we were there for a nice girl's outing, and we're worth it. We paid our bill, then realized later that we'd been overcharged. After several phone discussions we were refunded the difference to our respective credit cards. I had requested that we have the opportunity to give the restaurant another chance - most restauranteurs will gladly comp a meal if there has been a screw-up, especially if they are interested in repeat customers. I was told the owner wasn't interested in improving our experience, and would rather refund the difference than have us return. Sad, as I was hoping to write a good review for a place that clearly has potential, but doesn't really seem to care about pleasing its customers.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Lisophia
Omaha, Nebraska
“Do not visit this restaurant...ever.”
Reviewed July 8, 2011

I worked at this restaurant for a whole month, and was disgusted. The owner/ chef is crazy! I am not writing this as a disgruntled employee, only but as a disgusted diner. Let me start by saying I have been a server for seven years off and on. Never in my life have I been more embarrassed to work at a restaurant due to food quality, but I was here. I wouldn't even eat the food. There is no saran wrap on anything in the walk in cooler.He allows the deserts to get moldy, and still expects you to serve them. If you order dressing on the side and don't use it all, he pours it back into the container!!!!!! I even went so far as to put lettuce bits in the leftover dressing, so he wouldn't reuse it, but he just picked them out, and dumped the dressing right back in the container.We were never allowed to throw any leftover food away. Its just disgusting.He will also charge you 3.50 for a can of coke(no refills) and charge you full price for premium liquors, which are never in stock. You'll be charges $10.00 for a Ketel One Martini, when you got a Bartons martini. Do not eat here. Even with half off from sites like Living Social, it still isn't a good deal.There is a reason there is a 50% off coupon! Trust me!

• Visited June 2011
3 Thank MissMandaLee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Are they even open?”
Reviewed June 10, 2011

The only reason I was going to visit this place is because I like trying new restaurants and this one is close to my house. So, purchased a livingsocial deal to them. I have attempted to go to this restaurant five times during the hours they have posted. Once, my cousin arrived before me and she went in to sit down and a waiter approached her and told her to leave if she did not have a reservation (the restaurant was empty). This last time, I called to make the reservation before I went, and the waiter was very short with me and said they would be open until ten that night. I reserved a party for two at 7:30 and he said ok and hung up without taking my name. I showed up at 7:30 and the doors were locked.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank amykpick
Omaha, Nebraska
“You've got to be kidding!!!”
Reviewed April 8, 2011

My husband and I were excited to go there; we have our Groupon certificate, afterall. When the server handed the menu to us, first thing that we noticed is the 'high end' price. So, okay, we're already there, and since we just celebrated our 28th wedding anniversary at the 801 Chophouse at The Paxton, we were expecting some sort high end food and service here, as well. The 4 little pieces of baguettes should have been the clue...I ordered the Canard à l'Orange and my husband ordered their sirloin steak. I was given a quarter leg of a duck, which I really thought was chicken since it was so pale inside. It was on a bed of mashed potatoes with 2 pieces of overcooked broccoli. I thought they made a mistake, but I looked at my husband's plate, and he's got the same exact amount. The à l'Orange tasted like those bottled brown gravy. I could not cut on the duck that I had to eat ala 'Medieval Times' way. I took a couple of 'pulls' on it, and I was done. My husband's steak was the size of a 5-oz steak, half charred and fatty. No kidding, he sliced 4 little pieces in the middle of the steak and that was 'it' on that steak! Also, while we were waiting for our food, the couple on our right (by the way, way too much tables for such a little place), were asking the waitress for the wines listed on their menu, and without exaggerating, he named at least 5 different wines, and her answer was, "Sorry, we don't have that", for every single one of them. Needless to say, it was such a terrible, terrible experience. I apologized to my husband for buying the certificate. If I had known about this place, I would have just taken him to Blueline downtown - great food, great price!! Tsk...tsk...

• Visited March 2011