“I Wouldn't Waste My Time” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Omaha, Nebraska
“I Wouldn't Waste My Time”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2010

The people who own OJ's are really VERY nice - I have no complaints about them. But their waitresses are seriously lacking in customer service skills and the last time I was there the food was way overpriced and the nachos came with a total of 5 corn chips underneathe a mountain of some mess I can't describe. Gross - I will never go back.

2 Thank Acultofpersonality

St Louis
“Wont Find Better in Omaha”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2010

Started going to Oj's as a kid with my dad. I have traveled around the states and have never found better. Olga and Jim have kept this place the same for over 30 years. There is a reason they have been open for that long.....Keep it alive!!!

LT

Honolulu, Hawaii
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“OK overpriced food...with a side of grease!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2009

Found this little place on Tripadvisor and tried it today while on vacation in Omaha. Not hard to find, right off the freeway. Small town joint with casual atmosphere and decor. Seat yourself, then get a printed sheet of paper for a menu. The waitress was nice, but dissed the cooks saying "they cant read a ticket". Quite pricey for an average tex-mex restaurant. For two it ended up costing $30. At my favorite Mexican restaurant back home in Utah (El Matador) that would have fed four. I got a TINY quesadilla for my one year-old that was nothing but grease for $3+ dollars plus our main dishes of cheese enchilada (huge but no sides included, lots of grease, and add 2 dollars for guacamole and sour cream - 8 dollars) then a chicken taco salad, (8 dollars) with a packet of ranch you open yourself and don't forget to add the guacamole and sour cream for an extra 2 dollars. They bring salsa to the table....but then we asked for chips and they poured some out of a sam's club bag and charged us 3 dollars. Overall...Im sure in this neighborhood this is the nicest they eat, but for me I expect better. Oh I forgot add 3 dollars for a soda. On the plus side - fresh guacamole, easy parking, and quick food. Plus they have highchairs.

Omaha
“Excellent tex-mex. Unique tastes with a touch of heat.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2009

Don't let the appearance fool you, this is one of the best places for tex-mex in Omaha. The location is right next to the interstate and kindof under the Missouri river bridge. The flour nachos with cheese and jalapenos are great. Their signature dish are their enchiladas and the salsa has just the right amount of kick.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank tachyonbb
Saint Petersburg, FL
“Awesome Mex-American”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2008

Have been going here since I was a little girl for the beef enchilada and the white cheddar nachos. Both are incredible and I warn you you will be craving it again soon. The staff and owner are also top notch. I was able to plan a birthday party here via the phone from Florida and it went off without a hitch.

1 Thank 1reason2wk

Been to OJ's Cafe? Share your experiences!