“Fave in Omaha, friendly staff”
Review of OJ's Cafe

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Good prices, a friendly staff of waitresses who have been at OJ's for 20+ years, my wife and I usually get the chili verdi- green chili, big plates of food, authentic Mexican cuisine, great decor, get your beer in frozen mugs, LOVE IT!!!

Reviewed June 17, 2010

The people who own OJ's are really VERY nice - I have no complaints about them. But their waitresses are seriously lacking in customer service skills and the last time I was there the food was way overpriced and the nachos came with a total of 5 corn chips underneathe a mountain of some mess I can't describe. Gross - I will never go back.

2  Thank Acultofpersonality
Reviewed June 4, 2010

Started going to Oj's as a kid with my dad. I have traveled around the states and have never found better. Olga and Jim have kept this place the same for over 30 years. There is a reason they have been open for that long.....Keep it alive!!!

LT

Reviewed May 27, 2009

Found this little place on Tripadvisor and tried it today while on vacation in Omaha. Not hard to find, right off the freeway. Small town joint with casual atmosphere and decor. Seat yourself, then get a printed sheet of paper for a menu. The waitress was nice, but dissed the cooks saying "they cant read a ticket". Quite pricey for an average tex-mex restaurant. For two it ended up costing $30. At my favorite Mexican restaurant back home in Utah (El Matador) that would have fed four. I got a TINY quesadilla for my one year-old that was nothing but grease for $3+ dollars plus our main dishes of cheese enchilada (huge but no sides included, lots of grease, and add 2 dollars for guacamole and sour cream - 8 dollars) then a chicken taco salad, (8 dollars) with a packet of ranch you open yourself and don't forget to add the guacamole and sour cream for an extra 2 dollars. They bring salsa to the table....but then we asked for chips and they poured some out of a sam's club bag and charged us 3 dollars. Overall...Im sure in this neighborhood this is the nicest they eat, but for me I expect better. Oh I forgot add 3 dollars for a soda. On the plus side - fresh guacamole, easy parking, and quick food. Plus they have highchairs.

Reviewed March 27, 2009

Don't let the appearance fool you, this is one of the best places for tex-mex in Omaha. The location is right next to the interstate and kindof under the Missouri river bridge. The flour nachos with cheese and jalapenos are great. Their signature dish are their enchiladas and the salsa has just the right amount of kick.

1  Thank tachyonbb

Been to OJ's Cafe? Share your experiences!