“They have a ways to go”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Mobile, Alabama
“They have a ways to go”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I ordered the sliced beef (sandwich) combo. At $9.99 it was a little pricey for what you get. First of all, they use the wrong kind of bun for a BBQ sandwich. They put WAY too much sauce on the sandwich. Combine too much sauce with a thin, light bun and the sandwich was heavy and very soggy. The fries were hot and crispy, just the way I like them. I ordered iced tea with my combo and got SWEET tea. This is not the south, so I shouldn't have to specify UNsweet tea. Warning: the hot sauce is HOT!!! I have eaten at some of the best BBQ places in the country and this place has a long way to go.

• Visited December 2013

Omaha
“Get and go BBQ”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Jim's ribs are great. There really isn't a dining room, just some stools along a wall. Most people use the drive through.

Visited November 2013
Colorado
“Try it you'll like it..............”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I was stopping through Omaha on a road trip and decided I wanted some BBQ. I saw the reviews fro Jim's and decided to give it a shot. I agree it is a hole in the wall which doesn't mean much of anything, some of the best food I have ever eaten were at dives (-: I had ribs, sides and cobbler. The ribs were large and meaty, very good and sides were also delicious. The cobbler was fantastic. My only wish was mac and cheese wish was not offered. Worth the detour off the highway. BBQ delight! Highly Recommended!

• Visited October 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious”
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Service and atmosphere lacking...but the ribs and cobbler were amazing. It's the kind of hole-in-the-wall place where you're ready to head right back out the door until your first bite.

Omaha, Nebraska
“Great food, service...not so great!”
Reviewed February 27, 2011

I love the ribs at Jim's! Unless you like it REALLY hot, I suggest you order either mild or medium. The baked beans are possibly the best I have ever had. The peach cobbler is delicious as is the potato salad. Great "Southern" flavor. An hour after eating, my fingers still have a smoky flavor to them. As others have related, the service is not up to par with the food. We waited 17 minutes in the drive thru today, and yes, the service is quite brusque and disorganized. Next time I will call ahead and see if it helps! All that being said, I WILL return without a doubt!

• Visited February 2011